Frequent Contributor

Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

Dunkin over Starbucks. but WAWA over both.

Esteemed Contributor

Easy decision for me - Starbucks! 

I love strong coffee, and they always get my orders exactly right.  I've been a diehard Starbucks fan for a long time.  For me, nothing else compares.

Occasionally I go to Dunkin, but it would never be my first choice.

Esteemed Contributor

The words grande, venti, and trenta are just regular Italian words referring to the size of your drink in the same way many of the drinks are  Italian words referring to how you want your coffee prepared.

Caffe Misto, espresso con panna, latte, cappuccino...all Italian.

For donuts Dunkin is great or even for a plain coffee. But my preference, or when I want something special, it's Starbucks all the way.

Speaking of language nonsense, how do feel when you go to order a 10 piece box of MunchkinsSmiley Very Happy

Luckily they're very tasty. I recently got a box of half pumpkin spice and half apple cider. Yes, I spoke Dunkinese (said the word munchkins) and those tiny little natives from the land of Oz , I mean, donut holes were indeed molto delizioso!

Someone mentioned Tim Hortons. I'd love to try their coffee but, sadly, we don't have one. Never heard of WaWa...that's a new one to me. I'd like to try as well. I rarely turn down a cup of coffee!

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Wa-Wa! Beats them both, hands down!!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻☕

And it's  cheaper too!

@Starpolisher : I've heard of Wawa, but there are none in my area.

Off-topic, but which came first: Wawa or Baba Wawa? Woman LOL

7962076D-FEE7-4111-BCEE-C2D55DC49434.jpeg

8C361464-1E4B-4D2C-8490-68801377D8BF.jpeg

37B20663-74F8-4563-A861-7A9F019A862C.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I don't drink coffee, can't compare.  But I do buy donuts from Dunkin weekly.  Their glazed donuts are still pretty good. Tea is still tea (typically black tea) anywhere you buy it, including Starbucks.  It tastes the same.

The company made the decision to drop the donut on their name as people are more health conscious.  So they are in coffee in a very big way.

Respected Contributor

Donuts make me miss Tim Hortons Timbits. 

Trusted Contributor

As someone who lives in MA where there's a Dunk's on every corner, give me Starbucks any day!  Dunkin used to be good decades ago, but the coffee is too watered down now and has zero taste.  Even the dark roast is flavorless.  I do like a strong black coffee though so I see why folks who like a lot of cream or sugar might like Dunkin better.

I do have fond memories of many, many years ago when my husband and I were young and lived in RI and had a Dunkin within walking distance.  Back then almost all of them made the donuts in the store and we used to walk there at night right after they made their plain donuts.  They were still warm and the center around the hole was crunchy and the rest was moist and soft.  They were heavenly!

Trusted Contributor

Having grown up in New England it's Dunkin's all the way!  If I wanted liquid tree bark I would go to Starbucks.  My daughter likes Starbuck's fruity drinks and their foot long coffee combo names.  Me?  Give me a simple large hazelnut, iced or hot doesn't matter with almond milk and no sugar.  I do agree most McDonalds coffee is good as well.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I make Dunkin at home, my husband loves it too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I need to go to one , it's always Starbucks.   I don't like DD coffee nor donuts.    I don't usually like Starbucks plain coffee but love their coffee drinks, my favorite being a 'flat white with one stevia'.  Yum.

But we have so many local places that outshine both DD and SB. So I go to one of them.