Respected Contributor

Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

• @Ladybug724 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

Wa-Wa! Beats them both, hands down!!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻☕

And it's  cheaper too!

Do you happen to know what the name Wa-Wa means?  I always wonder when I drive by one.  Just curious, @Starpolisher  Woman Wink.

The Wa-Wa is a Canadian Goose. The store was named after the goose because the owners originally started out on a dairy farm which was in the Delaware Valley where the Wa Wa habitated. (I googled it)

@Ladybug724  @tends2dogs 

Thanks for the info! No, I didn't know. Always wondered though! Just assumed it was the goose too! They have a book that explains their story but I never wanted to know bad enough to spend the money for it! Lol!😂

I found this online under, "The Wa-Wa Story"

"Wawa is named after Wawa, Pa., where the first Wawa, a dairy, was founded. The town in Pennsylvania was so named because that's what the local Native American tribe called a certain bird. That bird? The Canada goose."

Alls I know is here in NJ, we love Wa-Wa! 👍🏻

It's clean, very friendly, has great service(always with a smile) and convenient! Great coffee too!☕😂

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

Since I don't do donuts, I have never tried DD.  Keep hearing good things about their coffee.

Honored Contributor

WAWA and ROYAL FARMS coffee are popular here also in the maryland area.

right now WAWA has any size coffee for $1.

the WAWA goose is on their signs......

https://assets1.csnews.com/files/styles/content_sm/s3/2018-09/Wawa-logo-on-yellow-background.jpg?itok=wpWbU3Ko

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Starpolisher !  Now I know Woman Wink.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Dunkin hands down.  Starbucks is too strong and bitter for me.

Super Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Timmie Ho's. That's Tim Hortons for those who don't live in states that are on or near the Canadian border.

I second this!!!  Although their food is so-so, the coffee is far superior to Dunkin. I have numerous locations in my area and everytime you drive by...no matter the time of day, the drive thru is always a few cars deep. Starbucks is pretty good but I much prefer Tims.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen a Dunkin in decades so I'd have to say Starbucks or locally Kaladi Bros.

Valued Contributor

Re: ETRe: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

@noodleann wrote:

Starbucks. It's really about personal preference. I like darker roasts and more bitter coffee. I'll drink normal medium roasts when at a restaurant (or did), but they aren't "real" coffee to me. I have relatives who like blonder roasts, and others who are like me, all about the dark side.

ETA: Never sweeten my coffee, and gave up milk/cream years ago. So fill mine to the brim, barista!

I'm not a coffee drinker.  I love tea.  But my mother and many other friends and family members love a good cup of coffee.  But they all have their own personal taste.  My mother loves a strong coffee.  Just a tip but you can add a little cocoa powder to your coffee or coffee grinds.

Esteemed Contributor

Dunkin. Large coffee w/4 creams.  Amazingly, we have a Dunkin in both small towns nearest of us.

Had Starbucks coffee once and had to take 2 Tums due to heartburn.  Way too strong and bitter.

Super Contributor

I realize it is part of their flair, but Starbucks has their:

short

tall

vente 

grande

(trenta soon to come).

No "small, medium, large."