Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

[ Edited ]

Wa-Wa! Beats them both, hands down!!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻☕

And it's  cheaper too!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I'm from Boston, so it's Dunkin for me.  Starbucks is to overpriced and pretensious for me.  More importantly, the coffee is too strong and bitter for my taste.  There was one near where I worked and sometimes I would go in but it just took too long.  You couldn't just ask for a large French Vanilla with milk and 2 Splendas and be out the door.  It was half and half in my office.  Some of us just wanted coffee, some wanted the coffee experience. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

And it's  cheaper too!

Do you happen to know what the name Wa-Wa means?  I always wonder when I drive by one.  Just curious, @Starpolisher  Woman Wink.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Before Starbucks literally wiped out local independent coffee establishments (although some survived and some are coming back) -

Dunkin was very popular for donuts more than for coffee. 

Of course, coffee and donuts go together so the Dunkin brand was well known.

We used to go to a local bookstore that had a coffee cafe and that coffee was the best.  Eventually Starbucks and B&N and Borders wiped out that bookstore, too.

Many of the blends at Starbucks can be purchased elsewhere and cover many of the countries Starbucks uses to sell their "brand'.

The only items we bought at Stabuck were frappacinos and their white chocolate hot cocoa, but just a few times.

I am more particular about my coffee than DH and we brew at home.

Haven't stepped into a Starbuck in a long time.   We don't eat Dunkin donuts, either.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Timmie Ho's. That's Tim Hortons for those who don't live in states that are on or near the Canadian border.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

And it's  cheaper too!

Do you happen to know what the name Wa-Wa means?  I always wonder when I drive by one.  Just curious, @Starpolisher  Woman Wink.

The Wa-Wa is a Canadian Goose. The store was named after the goose because the owners originally started out on a dairy farm which was in the Delaware Valley where the Wa Wa habitated. (I googled it)

Honored Contributor

Dunkin... Even if Starbucks weren't so overpriced, l'd still like DD coffee better. Starbucks is trying to sell an "upscale" image, but it doesn't justify their prices, IMO. When I see long lines of people at the Starbucks stand at the mall, and cars lined up at the Starbucks drive-through, l can never understand why. It's as if they're giving the stuff away for free! Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Dunkin Donuts coffee by da r, but Krispy Kreme donuts are better than DD’s. I agree that McD’s coffee is very good too. Starbucks coffee is too strong and bitter for me.
Valued Contributor

Far**