Respected Contributor

Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

I have always liked Dunkin coffee.  Plain hot coffee--not the flavored kind.    I never liked Starbucks--too strong and bitter to me.

Respected Contributor

@furbabylover 

Definitely Dunkin!  That's the only coffee I purchase by the bags.

Starbucks coffee is muddy tasting to me.  Not at all worth the $$.

Respected Contributor

I have never liked Starbucks and can't understand why people would like strong, bitter tasting coffee, it is horrible.  Dunkin is better.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Maybe I'm late to the show, but it seems like Dunkin has not only matched Starbucks for coffee flavor but has surpassed them. Whenever I have bought a cup of black coffee from Starbucks I am turned off by the bitter, flat flavor. I have recently been going to Dunkin and LOVE the toasty, nutty,  non-acidic brew they offer. And they are a lot cheaper than Starbucks. Which company would you vote for?

@furbabylover 

I actually like coffee from both places but Starbucks always gets my order right. With smiling eyes behind their masks. I stopped going to Dunkin because they do not seem to understand my simple orders. 

If you find the coffee at SB to be bitter you may just need to try a few different ones to find what you like. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dunkin'  my favorite for sure

I can see one from my back window 

I wish it was the store vs me doing Kcups  

Honored Contributor

I prefer Starbucks, but I always get venti iced lattes.  I love them.  I like Dunkin's lattes, too, but they aren't as large.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

Maybe I'm late to the show, but it seems like Dunkin has not only matched Starbucks for coffee flavor but has surpassed them. Whenever I have bought a cup of black coffee from Starbucks I am turned off by the bitter, flat flavor. I have recently been going to Dunkin and LOVE the toasty, nutty,  non-acidic brew they offer. And they are a lot cheaper than Starbucks. Which company would you vote for?

Dunkin, for all the reasons you give!

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@furbabylover 

Neither.   I rarely buy coffee when I'm out, unless it's after dinner in a restaurent.  One cup in the morning, at home, and that's all I need.

I've always thought Starbucks had a bitter, inferior taste ....  which is why they have to mask it with so many sugars, syrups, whipped cream, etc.  ...  so you don't notice the bitterness.

I don't think I've ever had Dunkin coffee.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

STARBUCKS by a mile!!!!  Dunkin is too weak for me, and taste like tea!

Respected Contributor

We have to drive a long while to find Dunkin'--but I definitely prefer it!