Valued Contributor

Maybe I'm late to the show, but it seems like Dunkin has not only matched Starbucks for coffee flavor but has surpassed them. Whenever I have bought a cup of black coffee from Starbucks I am turned off by the bitter, flat flavor. I have recently been going to Dunkin and LOVE the toasty, nutty,  non-acidic brew they offer. And they are a lot cheaper than Starbucks. Which company would you vote for?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

Dunkin.

I find Starbucks to be overpriced, plus, they never leave room for my cream and sugar, even when I ask them to.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

ETRe: POLL: STARBUCKS OR DUNKIN?

[ Edited ]

Starbucks. It's really about personal preference. I like darker roasts and more bitter coffee. I'll drink normal medium roasts when at a restaurant (or did), but they aren't "real" coffee to me. I have relatives who like blonder roasts, and others who are like me, all about the dark side.

ETA: Never sweeten my coffee, and gave up milk/cream years ago. So fill mine to the brim, barista!

Respected Contributor

Definitely Dunkin. Never cared for Starbucks coffee. Too strong & bitter for me.
Respected Contributor

@furbabylover 

@noodleann 

I prefer Dunkin, but it's just what noodleann said. I don't like the darker or bitter blends. When I go to SB  I order the Veranda blend because that Pikes just gets to me. I can't do it. I like Dunkins regular or hazelnut. I dislike their dark/bold blend.

Esteemed Contributor

DUNKIN!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Starbucks by a mile. Real coffee. Dunkins = McCafe. Woman Very Happy

Edited to add: Dunkins isn't even a coffee shop. It's a donut joint. I also like indie coffee shops. My favorite coffee drink is a good Cafe Cubano and I've found that indie places make it the best. I also say if you're going to drink weak coffee just use your Keurig or go to IHOP.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Starbucks decaf with half & half.  Can't drink anybody's regular coffee, makes me nauseous.  Don't care for Dunkin' coffee or donuts unless I'm desperate.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I like dunkin, we don't have one locally, but they are my favorite. We have a starbucks- just havne't been that impressed. I never go there, the drive thru line is usually wrapped around the whole building.

Honored Contributor

Local-I don't support chains unless I'm desperate