Respected Contributor

Re: POLL....Beatles or Stones? Or someone else?

Deep purple

Respected Contributor

Eric Clapton and/or Bob Seger.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I like both for different reasons. I don't know that I could choose one of the other. 

I am 46 so they were at their height before I was born. I am really into music but I cannot imagine letting my age dictate who I listened to or didn't listen to. There is so much great music I would miss if I didn't listen to what is considered "oldies". I love all types of music and genres of music.

Some of my favorites are Grateful Dead, Frank Sinatra, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Bob Dylan, Blondie, Bowie, Iggy Pop, Smiths, Morrissey, Violent Femmes, Clash, NWA, Nas, Dr Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Ice Cube, Tupac, Biggie, Rakim, Ghostface Killah, Kendrick Lamar, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, and many more. I can't imagine closing myself off to one genre or one time period. 

I've listed to a lot of different types of music in my lifetime, and music like everything is a personal preference.  I always go back to my music roots, oldies, Motown (there's much more).  It's just a matter of preference.  I enjoy listening to Eminem, Bruno Mars (Uptown Funk...hollah)! C. Aguilera, Miriah, Whitney, Beyoncé, L. Ronstadt, there are so many single artists and bands I love to listen to.  What I do know is I grew up in the 50's listening to all the original doo-wop right outside, and across the street from my bedroom window...I especially remember Blue Moon, In the Still of the Night, There's a Moon Out Tonight, What's Your Name and others.  I enjoy listening to a variety of genres, but oldies, Motown are kinda in my blood.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I don't listen to oldies. In the case of the Beatles, they were a big part of my life, to put it mildly, but if I listen, I " slingshot" back to the past, so it's healthier fir me to stay in the present.

I recently heard on the radio that a study was done in nursing homes on music played.  When the music played was from the residents' youth, they acted younger, displayed more energy, and felt better.  Interesting, right??

@colliegirls      @NativeJax

Years ago I read that playing the music of your high school / teen years activates muscle memory (and some other things) and actually stimulates your immune system .... so playing your favorite "oldies" can make you healthier!

@Tinkrbl44 ~ hell,I'm should be feeling a lot better then!

Trusted Contributor

There are only a few that I recognize.  Couldn't name the band or even song titles, just the music itself.  My exceptions would be CHER, Barry White, Elvis.  I always preferred those one hit wonders and never know who sings them or even the name of a song.  

Ringtone on my phone is Gnarls Barkley, the pysco song.

Respected Contributor

Between the two?  Love the Stones BUT It's gotta be the Beatles for their wider ranging musical exploration.  Aerosmith is right up there too in my book.

Trusted Contributor

The Stones....DW

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Between Beatles/Stones have to go BEATLES!!!

I listen to eclectic mix of music from music---music from popular standards from way back when---(my mom loved music and even worked for a radio station in her younger years and taught me to appreciate--Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerlad, Jo Staffard, Etta James, Peggy Lee, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis)....

Then there's oldies, Motown, Linda Ronstandt, 80's BRITISH New Wave, Queen, U2, Tears For Fears, to today's artist Michael Buble, Meghan Trainor, Adele and more (however, there is some of today's music that drives me crazy and I cannot stand and they shall remain nameless--LOL)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Stones. And also from that era, The Who.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Love them both, but gotta have my MOTOWN, too : )