Respected Contributor

Re: POLL....Beatles or Stones? Or someone else?

The Beatles were my favorite. Then John Mellencamp, before he got all skeevy. Hanson is my favorite band to listen to over & over (Anthem, Shout It Out, Underneath..all great cds & Snowed In is my favorite Christmas CD of all time. They are doing a new Christmas CD for this year & I can't wait.). When I am cleaning house I listen to One Direction Take Me Home.

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I don't listen to oldies. In the case of the Beatles, they were a big part of my life, to put it mildly, but if I listen, I " slingshot" back to the past, so it's healthier fir me to stay in the present.

I recently heard on the radio that a study was done in nursing homes on music played.  When the music played was from the residents' youth, they acted younger, displayed more energy, and felt better.  Interesting, right??

Trusted Contributor

I love all kinds of music. Let me clarify that today I preferred The Beatles over the Stones:-)

Ido listen to 70's music most often though. I think if you love music then you are open to all types of genres.

Interesting story Collegegirls.
Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I'm listening to Contemporary Christain Radio on Pandora - Broken Vessels (Amazing Grace) by Hilltop Worship is playing now.. Great music!

But I am about to watch season 3, episode 2 of Hannibal... lol My tastes are definitely varied, aren't they? 

Variety is the spice of life!  Keeping things spicey is fun😉

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I wasn't a big fan of Beatles or the Stones, but mostly preferred the Beatles.  I'm a Motown girl, love oldies, Elvis, Four Seasons, Earth Wind & Fire, Journey, Michael Jackson, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Queen, Eagles, Cream, Doobie Bros...so many more.  Never tire of listening to their music.

@AKgirl2  There's a lot of good music listed in your post.  I still listen to the Eagles too, loved Linda Ronstadt and some others.  If you think about it for long a lot of acts come to mind that maybe had only a few really big hits but were good.

@lucymo @AKgirl2 love your playlists and if I may add another I love Jackson Browne too . . . had to play Redneck Friend in honor of the occasion!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I don't listen to oldies. In the case of the Beatles, they were a big part of my life, to put it mildly, but if I listen, I " slingshot" back to the past, so it's healthier fir me to stay in the present.

I recently heard on the radio that a study was done in nursing homes on music played.  When the music played was from the residents' youth, they acted younger, displayed more energy, and felt better.  Interesting, right??

I've read it's common for people to stick with the music of their youth for the rest of their life. Basically just listen to oldies. There have been some magazine articles and studies on it. So it's not surprising. Having said that, I couldn't limit myself that way. It's the same as people who post that their is no good modern music. Of course their is, if you don't like what's on the radio it's time to venture out and look for other sources. I listen to a lot of indepenent self published artists. The internet has made it much easier to keep up with independent artists than back when everything was networked word of mouth or in a zine. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm on Pandora too listening to David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.

Honored Contributor

Now ... I'd be tuned to Music Choice cable channel - Soundscapes.  They define it as "Relax, relate, release and allow this uplifting Music Choice mix of new age, atmospheric, and world-positive music to soothe any mood. Georgia Kelly, Steven Halpern, Jim Brickman, Eric Tingstad, Enya."

I just downloaded the app to my iPhone and tablet!  

Respected Contributor

I was born when the Stones and Bealtes were at the top of being famous. I liked both, but the Stones were my real favorites. I then went on to like the Police, The Cars, Aerosmith, Boston and many other groups. But I always go back to the Stones, they are my go to group when I need a good beat.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@colliegirls      @NativeJax

Years ago I read that playing the music of your high school / teen years activates muscle memory (and some other things) and actually stimulates your immune system .... so playing your favorite "oldies" can make you healthier!