Esteemed Contributor
Just paid our yearly renewal fee for our PO Box. It went from $83 per year to $166! Of course we could have it delivered to our street address (and some mail does get delivered there) however in the last 2 weeks alone, I've had to mark mail not received 4x on our Informed Delivery for our street address. Thus, all important mail goes to the PO Box.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick - WOW, mine went up but it didn't double. That seems so outlandish to me. 

Honored Contributor

It must be part of the Postmaster's plan to drive us away from USPS.

Trusted Contributor

Yikes!  That is quite an increase.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PO Box renewal doubled

[ Edited ]

I have a box through Postal Annex. I actually only have my online purchases delivered there and my regular mail comes to my house. 

I don't like packages sitting on my front porch for obvious reasons, and my renewal comes up in January.  I have been seriously thinking about not renewing since I work a hybrid schedule, and  I am now home (tele commuting) for a few days during the week.   

Amazon allows you to pick your delivery day, so that is weighing on my decision as a positive. 

I can guarantee if my box was to double in price. I would  cancel. 

Trusted Contributor

Mine about doubled too. I just cancelled it after over 15 years.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because could be considered political

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Boy, that stinks!  More like robbery rather than inflation.  Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

Doubling prices:  

Our delivered newspaper, which I prepay "annual", just about doubled.  Converted to "digital only" for less than half the new annual delivery rate.

This actual works better for us as snowbirds: one less stop / restart arrangement, as well as wondering did they actually stop delivery after we had left.

Incidentally, if you will ge away for some time, you may want to suspend landline service and restart when you return.  This will save some $$$$.  It will also save you from deleting all the robo type calls that can accumulate.

If you have a second home, check your cable company for seasonal rates.  Biggest surprise:  the amount of taxes that will still continue !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Interesting. I wonder what it costs to rent a box at one of those UPS stores? I know you can have any size delivered and they'll accept it (which USPS won't do). All the boxes are made to hold mail so the fact they will accept and hold your large packages without charging a fee is quite nice.

I pay $80 a year to have our mail forwarded to Florida. We found that even though we have changed our addresses, some things still slip through the cracks so it's worth it to pay that fee. Wonder if that will go up next year.

"Coming to ya from Florida"