Esteemed Contributor

Re: PNC BANK WILL NOT CASH COMMERCIAL CHECKS DRAWN ON THEM!!!!!!!

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

All-in-all, the o/p is just po'ed because the bank forced her to follow the same rules that the rest of us have to follow.

She is not the exception to that rule.

That includes having to park her car, walk allllllllllll the way in to the bank to retrieve the check and her driver's license.

She expected special treatment, and is boo-hooing that she didn't get it.

Poor baby.

Poor, poor baby.

Life just sucks sometimes, don't it?

You can tell the OP that you don't agree with how she dealt with the situation without the nasty mocking. 

Wow, no kidding. Ridiculous! Some of the responses on here are really "mean girl". I've seen teens interact with more tact. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, I'm still thinking about the fact that I've never even heard of PNC Bank and did a search for Customer Reviews ... they weren't good.

Of 80 written reviews, on a scale from 1 to 5, the average was a dismal 1.3 !!!   (see link below)

I can't help but wonder if this bank is not doing well, and is charging fees wherever they can.   Based on what I read, I would not have an account with them. There are better banks around.  JMO

http://banks.credio.com/l/13/PNC-Bank

they are prominent in maryland, delaware, and pennsylvania.....maybe in some other states also. my daughter opened an account with them when she went away to college and she hasnt had any problems. i deposted money into her account as needed from home and they always gave me a receipt. she is perfectly satisfied with their services.

pnc is doing what a lot of other major banks are already doing.....charging fees to cash checks for non-account holders.

PNC is in several other states too, and has been in existence for a long time.  It was my bank for awhile, until I moved, and I never had a problem. One of the best banks I've ever dealt with.

And you're exactly right - A lot of banks do the same thing.  It's not unusual and not at all new.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

It originated as Pittsburgh National. I didn't realize how wide spread this bank is now.

The things I learn here Smiley Happy

fully operational since 1852

19 states plus DC

5th largest bank in terms of branches

6th largest bank in terms of deposits

9th largest in total assets in the usa

3rd largest in terms of off premises ATMs

11th largest visa/mc issuers

LOL......just a bit of PNC trivia.....

So true, there is a PNC ATM at every turn here.

Respected Contributor

I think that what it comes down to is you were insulted that the bank would charge a fee. That is there choice, you are not a customer nor do they know you from the consignment shop. As for having to go into the bank again your choice. The teller was doing their job no need to take it out on a person who is stuck having to deal with you. You don't know what kind of activity was going on just because you did not "see" any customers.  Frankly if you want to be mad at someone you should be mad at the consignment shop. Business accounts normally have "employee" signatures on file with the bank so that even though you are not a customer you would be able to cash your check.