Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@Snoopp Anyone who bashes Fauci must be doing it for political reasons. Please stop. 

So now facts are considered bashing?  What I reported is factual, end of story.  No bashing going on from me.  

Esteemed Contributor

@DJP wrote:

No one ever called this virus a hoax. Many doctors all over the world are using or trying these drugs. 

One poster did but I haven’t seen them post more than once so maybe they went to a new playground.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Valued Contributor
It's so interesting to me those who are questioning the use of this drug, bc I can guarantee if you were faced with all other treatments failing to work and they said this is our last option to try or you might not make it, you'd jump on It! Anybody would!

Sadly, THIS exact situation is occurring around the world! Hence the reason for the emergency approval of using this drug bc it HAS been shown to WORK/HELP! It's up to the drs to weigh the risks/benefits re treatment, but when all else has failed you better believe people will take it and I've seen videos from those that are beyond grateful bc it saved their life!!

During times like these, there are going to be exceptions made for all kinds of things. Just look around. A lot of things have been adjusted to deal with this pandemic. These are times NONE of us have ever experienced. Instead of pointing the blame everywhere (governments) at some point we have to be responsible for ourselves.

I really hope things start to get better very soon!! I know we can use some good news right now! Hopefully people will continue to follow the stay home guidlines/orders and unfortunately those that don't should be facing consequences. How they'll actually enforce that though is a diff subject altogether. I've been for a national lock down from the beginning but sadly that never happened so it's been left up to each state. Some taking it seriously, others not so much. We mine as well be pissin in the wind!

Stay safe everyone!! Heart
~ Hope in TN ~
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esther22 wrote:

He needs lots of prayers AND  hydroxychloroquin  AND zithromax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These meds are still NOT PROVEN!

The FDA has approved hydroxychloroquin for treatment of the virus.

Approved but NOT proven!

Are you saying you wouldn't try it?  Do you think it shouldn't be given?  Just curious, @JaneMarple .

I'm already on it!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

I hope no one blames him for minimizing how serious this virus was initially thought to be. No one except those where it originated knew how really virulent it is.

I hope EVERYONE realizes and remembers this.  

That may be an opinion, but it is not fact. 

Medical information from outbreak areas was repeatedly being sent from China, South Korea, and Italy.  Even during the thick of things doctors were writing accounts of what they were seeing and how this pneumonia was very different than anything seen in the past requiring long periods of mechanical ventilation with high ventilator settings, along with how they were seeing transmission from asymptomatic individuals well before Johnson took any action. 

In fact one of the doctors in Italy sent a long message out to warn other populations of what they were seeing & to warn others.  That post went viral among health care individuals in both the United Kingdom and here.  I even received it via Facebook.  It was also accompanied by a screen shot of a cross section of a pulmonary CT scan demonstrating profuse bilateral pneumonia of one of their patients.

Italy also allowed unprecedented access to a news crew inside one of their hospitals showing patients and discussing the challenges they were seeing.  That first news footage aired in early March.  Images from that access and subsequent access Italian hospitals allowed went viral all over the world.  Johnson did not really take concerted action until the late March. 

Additionally, multiple doctors and epidemiologists in England wrote letters demanding further action be taken to protect the public and warned of the dangers based on what they were seeing in other areas.  That National Health Service also started a petition by their doctors calling upon Johnson to take action well before he acually did. 

It just isn't true that no one outside the area in which it originated knew how virulent this virus was.  Also, it may be a possibility that while many in the lay public focus on how China attempted to control the information coming out at first, once it was out.....they allowed many physicians to send information out to other groups outside of China of what they were seeing, what treatments they were trying, etc.  A phlethora of that information was out there for health care indviduals & others all over to read.  I specifically remember one doctor sending out a message from Wuhan about his efforts starting to treat the serious pneumonia patients with stem cell therapy.

At any rate, I wish the best for the Prime Minister and hope he does well.  It is good to know he is where he needs to be and if his situation warrants he will receive immediate interventions to optimize his care.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:
It's so interesting to me those who are questioning the use of this drug, bc I can guarantee if you were faced with all other treatments failing to work and they said this is our last option to try or you might not make it, you'd jump on It! Anybody would!

Sadly, THIS exact situation is occurring around the world! Hence the reason for the emergency approval of using this drug bc it HAS been shown to WORK/HELP! It's up to the drs to weigh the risks/benefits re treatment, but when all else has failed you better believe people will take it and I've seen videos from those that are beyond grateful bc it saved their life!!

During times like these, there are going to be exceptions made for all kinds of things. Just look around. A lot of things have been adjusted to deal with this pandemic. These are times NONE of us have ever experienced. Instead of pointing the blame everywhere (governments) at some point we have to be responsible for ourselves.

I really hope things start to get better very soon!! I know we can use some good news right now! Hopefully people will continue to follow the stay home guidlines/orders and unfortunately those that don't should be facing consequences. How they'll actually enforce that though is a diff subject altogether. I've been for a national lock down from the beginning but sadly that never happened so it's been left up to each state. Some taking it seriously, others not so much. We mine as well be pissin in the wind!

Stay safe everyone!! Heart

@BrandiDavis   I agree with this post especially what I highlighted in red.

Nobody is responsible for what others believe or don't believe; all of us have loved ones, family or friends, who are foremost on our minds each day.

I would never blame another person if somebody in my family passed away from this virus.   It is up to me to ignore the talking heads in ALL venues and pay attention to my local authorities and some press conferences for updates.

The rest is just nonsense chatter which swings back and forth; somebody says "X" and it's wrong.  The person corrects and says "Y" and it's wrong.  Picking apart every word looking for "gotcha" moments is not doing a darn thing for anyone.

I'm tired of it all. 

I and my loved ones will continue to do our best; we are aware of guidelines, we are aware of risks, and will do our part.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esther22 wrote:

He needs lots of prayers AND  hydroxychloroquin  AND zithromax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These meds are still NOT PROVEN!

The FDA has approved hydroxychloroquin for treatment of the virus.

Approved but NOT proven!

Are you saying you wouldn't try it?  Do you think it shouldn't be given?  Just curious, @JaneMarple .

I'm already on it!

@JaneMarple  are you worried that they might run out of the drug and you won't be able to get treatment?  I haven't heard anything about a shortage, in case that is a concern of yours.

Respected Contributor

I went back to my Facebook and here is just a snippet of what the Italian doctor sent out in early March for those that are interested:

_"An important testimony on the true extent of the coronavirus and on doctors in the trenches to cope with the emergency. After thinking for a long time about whether and what to write about what is happening to us, I felt that silence was not at all responsible. I will therefore try to convey to people who are "not in charge of the work" and more distant to our reality, wf I think again, my agitation for only one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I have seen what is happening.

Well, the situation is now dramatic to say the least. I don't have any more words in mind. The war has literally exploded and the battles are uninterrupted day and night. One by one, the poor bad guys show up in the emergency room. They have anything but complications of a flu. Let's stop saying it's a bad influence. 

In these two years I have learned that the Bergamos do not come to the emergency room for nothing. They did well this time, too. They followed all the directions given: a week or ten days at home with a fever without going out and risking infecting, but now they can't make it anymore. They don't breathe enough, they need oxygen. Drug therapies for this virus are few. 

Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. Because that's the difference (now I'm going down a bit in the technical): in classical flu, apart from infecting much less population over several months, cases can get more complicated less frequently, only when the virus destroying the protective barriers of the our airways allow bacteria normally residing in high pathways to invade bronchi and lungs causing ore serious cases. Covid 19 causes a trivial influence in many young people, but in many elderly (and not only) a real Sars because it comes directly into the alveoli of the lungs and infects them making them unable to perform their function. The resulting respiratory failure is often severe and after a few days of hospitalization the simple oxygen that can be administered in a ward may not be enough.

I also assure you that when you see young people who end up in intensive care intubated, pronata or worse in Ecmo, all this tranquility for your young age passes you. And while there are still people on social media who brag about not being afraid by ignoring the signs, protesting because their normal habits of life are put "temporarily" in crisis, the epidemiological disaster is taking place. 

Please share and share the message. We must spread the word to prevent what is happening here throughout Italy."

I took only parts, he talks about the ICU's being overwhelmed and gets technical in a couple of areas.  But his warning was clear. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *