Esteemed Contributor

Re: PM Boris Johnson

[ Edited ]

@on the bay 

So sorry about your SIL.  It's a nightmare to witness, but it can save lives.

This is the fear I have for my OWN sister.

She is asthmatic and was recently pulled out of her cardiac unit to help care for virus patients.  If she contracts this, I'm convinced she will not survive.

I've asked her to please get an exemption from caring for these patients...that was last week, but I haven't heard from her.

It just grips my heart thinking about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman -

I knowSmiley Happy So hard not to worry. 

My daughter was a nurse in the er but is home with her newborn so I know how grateful we are right now but also thinking so much about all the nurses out there.My daughter has asthma too.

I sure will be praying for your sister too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I saw that he was hospitalized after over a week of symptoms I wondered if he was having the lung reaction that calls for a vent. This is such a vicious virus. 

Honored Contributor

@esther22 wrote:

He needs lots of prayers AND  hydroxychloroquin  AND zithromax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These meds are still NOT PROVEN!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Frequent Contributor

These two  meds have been available for other conditions for YEARS!!! If a person is in ICU, I would say GO FOR IT!!.  They are relatively safe. Many drugs have been found to help or heal other conditions for which they were not originally designed.  These are "off label" uses.  At that point, there probably not much to lose. As a seasoned nurse of 50+ years, I would take these two drugs for the virus before I would take ANY statin for high cholesterol!!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Respected Contributor

the top American drug / bio tech companies were asked this a.m. by the WH to get their drug cocktails for corona immediately made available to the PM's doctors.  the drugs are now in London and consultations have been arranged with the PM's doctors.  hopefully Johnson will turn the corner soonest.

Honored Contributor

Prayers that he does not require a ventilator. A doctor said on the morning news that you have only a 20% chance of survival if you are put on a ventilator. Only a 30% chance if you go to the hospital. Makes me want to stay home even more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope no one blames him for minimizing how serious this virus was initially thought to be. No one except those where it originated knew how really virulent it is.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esther22 wrote:

He needs lots of prayers AND  hydroxychloroquin  AND zithromax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These meds are still NOT PROVEN!

The FDA has approved hydroxychloroquin for treatment of the virus.