Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@Snoopp Anyone who bashes Fauci must be doing it for political reasons. Please stop. 

@jeanlake Nobody is bashing him. I heard him say it in his own voice. It’s not criticism. Sometimes people are wrong.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
The drug have been used for years to treat lupus, malaria, and rheumatoid arthritis. It can now be used at the discretion of the doctor to treat patients with this virus. It is a virus, so it treats symptoms, it does not cure.
Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda:

Hindsight is always 20/20

@lovesrecess :

And those from where it originated will never accept responsibility.

Honored Contributor

It's beginning to feel like Groundhog Day

I think they went wrong when they announced it wasn't seriously affecting those under 60 and children. It allowed for disregard of the virus and people going on with vacations plans, parties...and spreading the virus.

Honored Contributor
Everyone downplayed the danger back in early January.Hindsight is still 20/20.
No reason to blast anyone at this point. Everyone should just look at what they need to do to keep themselves and others safe.
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@on the bay 

My sis is a cardiac recovery nurse in NJ, and frequently has patients on a vent.

She has said the exact same thing you have said to me MANY times, and it terrifies me.  

The news I heard is this happened to PM Johnson on day 11 of having the virus, so it's even more terrifying.  He seemed to be doing so well and then this.

@Witchy Woman  

@OnTheBay

With no prejudice, he weight is not a help to him.

The idea of a Respirator Scares me!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I was sorry to hear about Boris and I hope he gets better.  The longer this goes on the more of these "high profile" patients there will be and, inevitably, eventually someone will shock the world when they pass.  I'm thinking someone like Boris, or Prince Phillip or Queen Elizabeth or the Pope or?  Imagine if some state or country has to pull off a state funeral (virtually?).

Honored Contributor

Re: PM Boris Johnson

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@on the bay 

My sis is a cardiac recovery nurse in NJ, and frequently has patients on a vent.

She has said the exact same thing you have said to me MANY times, and it terrifies me.  

The news I heard is this happened to PM Johnson on day 11 of having the virus, so it's even more terrifying.  He seemed to be doing so well and then this.

@Witchy Woman  

@OnTheBay

With no prejudice, he weight is not a help to him.

The idea of a Respirator Scares me!

Even if someone survive after being placed on a respirator, there can be lifelong issues:/

Scares me, too.

Valued Contributor

If you were reading or watching factual newspapers or news channels, no one downplayed the severity of this virus, nor said it only affected the elderly.

Only a certain politician and a certain news outlet downplayed it and called it a hoax from the beginning.

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's beginning to feel like Groundhog Day

I think they went wrong when they announced it wasn't seriously affecting those under 60 and children. It allowed for disregard of the virus and people going on with vacations plans, parties...and spreading the virus.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@esther22 -

I wish this was more of a promising solution and I'm sure everyone does.

I just heard from a doctor today and also read from Mayo Clinic doctors and more, that this drug and others they are testing, in some patients can cause sudden cardiac arrest.

Yikes! That is really scary and they are trying to identify and be very careful about which patients they give it to. So it is definitely not a miracle drug unfortunately.

Now I would be afraid to take it. I had not heard this information before today.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"