Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE don't text me if you want to have a conversation

This is a huge pet peeve of my husbands.

A few one line texts back and forth is okay but attempting to have an entire conversation is nuts.  Things get lost in translation and it would be much simpler and much quicker to just pick up the phone and say what you have to say.   

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I find long texting conversations to be tiring and actually irritating.

If it's a long text, my phone will throw the last part of the text out first. 

Happened last week and I told the person they accidently texted me instead of someone else. 

But in the meantime while my text was heading to them, the rest of their text came in and then it made sense it was for me.

Hard to explain, but it was a pain.

I understand exactly what you mean.  I don't know if it's a difference in phones or what.  I have a relative who has an Iphone and I have a Samsung Galaxy.  If she texts something long, it breaks it up as it sends to me but it comes to me in reverse order.  So the last text I get is really the first part of the text so I have to read backwards.

I have another friend who has a new LG and it will only text me 1 or 2 lines at a time.  So if she sends me anything of any length, it just keeps coming in and coming in.  I'll have like 10 texts from her consisting of 2 lines each.

Regular Contributor

ITA.

I use Voice Recognition to dictate a reply back, it's less painful.   

And my one friend who sends 100 word texts to me constantly, never corrects her horrible spelling .... oye vay!!!