Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE Open Your Home & Heart to a Senior Dog❤️🐶Oct. Is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog-Month!

My Rescue dog lived to be l8 years old. The older he got the more beloved he became. An old dog is a treasure. Eventually he lost his eyesight and hearing. As this happened, we would be sure to tap him when we left a room so he would come with us and not be alone.

I always have to smile when I think of how I walked him, and on his way back home he grew tired and would just sit down. I carried him the rest of the way home.

There never was never a better companion and friend. Always by my side. The happiness he brought can't be measured. I sure loved him and will never forget him.

Everyone should have an old dog.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE Open Your Home & Heart to a Senior Dog❤️🐶Oct. Is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog-Month!

I,m a senior and eight years ago, my shelter dog adopted me and she saved my life.  If her and I were not so elderly I would consider a senior dog, but money being tight, I could not afford the vet bills of two dogs.  

I hope people that can, give an old dog some love.  They would so love it, no different than an elderly human.  Some of us get put out to pasture also.

Frequent Contributor

Thank u for this timely reminder.

Enjoyed reading the posts.

Regular Contributor

Re: 🐶❤️October❤️🐶 Is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog-Month!

@J Peck wrote:

ADOPT SENIOR ANIMALS IF YOU YOURSELF ARE A SENIOR OR HEADING IN THAT DIRECTION.

To my more mature QVC friends, I ask that you consider adoption senior pets. There are so many good reasons.

1) you can grow old together

2) if you become ill or unable to keep up with a puppy, a senior is much less demanding of your time.

3) Pets are our responsiblity. Let's not make them someone else's when we pass.

There are many many precious senior pets missing their families and they need loving homes. Again, please consider senior animals.

Thank you on behalf of fur babies everywhere.

@J Peck

Wonderful post!

The older dogs remain in shelters  longer and many never find a forever home.

Thank you. 

💚

Frequent Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

My Rescue dog lived to be l8 years old. The older he got the more beloved he became. An old dog is a treasure. Eventually he lost his eyesight and hearing. As this happened, we would be sure to tap him when we left a room so he would come with us and not be alone.

I always have to smile when I think of how I walked him, and on his way back home he grew tired and would just sit down. I carried him the rest of the way home.

There never was never a better companion and friend. Always by my side. The happiness he brought can't be measured. I sure loved him and will never forget him.

Everyone should have an old dog.  

@febe1 ❤️

Super Contributor

Re: 🐶❤️October❤️🐶 Is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog-Month!

@J Peck wrote:

ADOPT SENIOR ANIMALS IF YOU YOURSELF ARE A SENIOR OR HEADING IN THAT DIRECTION.

To my more mature QVC friends, I ask that you consider adoption senior pets. There are so many good reasons.

1) you can grow old together

2) if you become ill or unable to keep up with a puppy, a senior is much less demanding of your time.

3) Pets are our responsiblity. Let's not make them someone else's when we pass.

There are many many precious senior pets missing their families and they need loving homes. Again, please consider senior animals.

Thank you on behalf of fur babies everywhere.

Ours were older. Best thing we ever did.