Super Contributor

Re: 🐾October🐾 Is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog-Month🐶🐕🐩

This is a great thread for all our shelter pet advocates like @MalteseMomma@Tinkrbl44@ChiliPepper@lolakimono@noodleann@NickNack@Kachina624@possummink@momtochloe@LIG1@AnikaBrodie, and Friends!

💗

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so happy to see this thread, as a companion to @Tinkrbl44's June thread about shelter cats.   I haven't seen any discussions about a wonderful new show on Animal Planet called "Rescue Dog to Super Dog."   

This thread brought it to mind, and I wanted to share with those who might not know about it.   I found it quite emotional, educational, and inspirational to watch, and in some cases the tissue box might need to be nearby as we feel the extraordinary bond grow between the human heart and the incredible canine soul ready, eager and willing to offer unconditional love.

Here are some excerpts from one article (there are others online):

"...The show features dog trainers Nate Schoemer and Laura London working with a variety of individuals in need of service dogs. They visit shelters to find the perfect match, and then they begin training the animal to be able to provide the specific type of support each person needs.

“I think both of these populations — people who are disabled and shelter dogs — are marginalized and a little without voice, so I think bringing them together empowers both of them and shines a light on both groups,” London tells Variety.

“The heart of the show is undeniable, and I think when people watch it, whether or not they have a disability, it’s going to speak to them.”...

...Over the course of the season of “Rescue Dog to Super Dog,” London and Schoemer work with 12 individuals, from former marine Kalani Cruetzburg who suffers from PTSD and depression, to Diana Theobald, who lost a leg in an accident and also suffers depression. Each person London and Schoemer work with have unique needs and hopes for what a dog can give them....

...London and Schoemer visit shelters to find a dog that fits the right size and temperament for the recipient — a process which may take minutes on-screen but can take months in the real world. “It’s really important to be patient and do your research,” Schoemer says..."

http://variety . com/2017/tv/news/rescue-dog-to-super-dog-animal-planet-interview-1202507088/

My gratitude and admiration go out to all of you who welcome new four-legged pals into your loving homes and to everyone who supports all the people who work every day to save these lives.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

12144903_1239206962762085_8519429734904290057_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

I adopted my baby in October, 2014 from a rescue group.

Super Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

Related image

Please remember your local shelters are in great need of your older blankets, sheets and towels...donateHeart before you toss.  

Super Contributor

Regular Contributor