Super Contributor

Open Your Heart to a Dog❤️🐶Oct Is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog-Month!

[ Edited ]

October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.

This event promotes the adoption of dogs from local shelters.

Ideally, the best way to celebrate would be to adopt a shelter dog, however, if you are unable to do so, please spread the word.

And maybe someday we can make every month "adopt a shelter pet month"! ❤️

(🐾Hi, Moderators! 😍 I hope you'll consider letting this thread stay in Community Chat for the month of October for everybody who doesn't read the Pet Lovers board and then maybe move it over to Pet Lovers after that. Thanks for all you do to help us every day!! 😍)

❤️🐾🐶🐾❤️

Respected Contributor

Re: 🐾October🐾 Is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog-Month🐶🐕🐩

Every dog that has owned ME has been from a rescue.

Those are the BEST breeds!

Honored Contributor

Image result for adopt a shelter dog images

Super Contributor

@maestra wrote:

Every dog that has owned ME has been from a rescue.

Those are the BEST breeds!

They are @maestra!

😍

Super Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Image result for adopt a shelter dog images

Love this @meallen616! Thanks!

😍

Trusted Contributor

I'm in a one-dog household, but I do spread the word! Hope this thread sticks around for the month!!

Honored Contributor

@JDJ555

Thank you for posting this thread. My wife just got home after driving 7+ hours(round trip), to take part in her 5 State Boxer Rescue Organization. It was a fund raiser for this NPBR Rescue Organization.

I hope everyone that is considering a dog(puppy) look to reputable Rescue Organizations as their first stop. There are so many waiting to get a forever home that the numbers are staggering. Many of these dog came to my wife's rescue organization with very sad stories in their lives because of humans.

All Rescue Dogs want is to give their love to those that give them their forever home. I hope many that read your thread that are considering adding a canine to their family think about this when they begin looking for their family addition.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

I'm in a one-dog household, but I do spread the word! Hope this thread sticks around for the month!!

Thank you @Foolywooly11! 😘

Super Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@JDJ555

Thank you for posting this thread. My wife just got home after driving 7+ hours(round trip), to take part in her 5 State Boxer Rescue Organization. It was a fund raiser for this NPBR Rescue Organization.

I hope everyone that is considering a dog(puppy) look to reputable Rescue Organizations as their first stop. There are so many waiting to get a forever home that the numbers are staggering. Many of these dog came to my wife's rescue organization with very sad stories in their lives because of humans.

All Rescue Dogs want is to give their love to those that give them their forever home. I hope many that read your thread that are considering adding a canine to their family think about this when they begin looking for their family addition.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut Thank you and your wife for this amazing rescue work, getting out the important message.

😀

Honored Contributor

JDJ555, so good of you to post this important news.  You will probably have helped some doggies get a home in the next month...