Respected Contributor

Re: PILOT DELIBERTLY CRASHED PLANE.

On 3/26/2015 CouponQueen said:

I doubt he was mentally ill. Probably brain washed by some cult like organization that has him believing he will be 1000 butterflies returned if he does this and that.

Most likely a terrorist network of some sort. I know nobody wants to think/believe that..but I doubt it was a lone ranger suicide mission. Most likely a suicide mission with intent to take them all..for whatever reason.

Mentally ill get enough stigma as it is.

That is a good point.

Evil exists. We don't like to contemplate that, we don't like to acknowledge it. There is "good" and there is "evil".

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Topaz Gem said:

Thanks, Marp, but I still don't remember that. I'm not doubting it, but I think they quickly ruled out alternative theories, didn't they?

You can find articles to back up any claim. The internet provides source material for whatever pov you want to go with.

Valued Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

Unless there is more evidence about this co-pilot, that they are not sharing,I don't know HOW they determine this just by hearing breathing..

There are MANY medical issues that can happen while someone still has breath...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

A person in the midst of a medical emergency wouldn't be manually holding the lever which sends a plane into landing mode. They have determined that to be a fact. It just doesn't look good for this to be an accident.

I was JUST reading that... thank you!

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Pashmina said:
On 3/26/2015 TaxyLady said:

How do we combat this type of evil? How do we know when a person has no respect for human life? Why is someone so crazy they would want to kill all those people not to mention the children?

You should already know the answer to that. I thought you were a Bible Thumper.

Not nice.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Lila Belle said:
On 3/26/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

My grandmother told me when I was growing up that the devil walks the earth.

The problem with figuring out whether someone is mentally ill or just evil is that a lot of people with schizophrenia can exhibit evil without their meds. I have seen it up close and personal. I guess you could say I loved the person but despised their illness.....

I think the term evil is mostly used when people try to explain things they don't understand or know about an individual psychologically. jmo, of course.

I think that people don't want to think that human beings can do horrific things without the assistance of "the devil" or "demons".

Valued Contributor

How do we combat this type of evil? How do we know when a person has no respect for human life? Why is someone so crazy they would want to kill all those people not to mention the children?

Wow.. Not nice..That being said,WHAT does the Bible have to do with her questions?

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

Unless there is more evidence about this co-pilot, that they are not sharing,I don't know HOW they determine this just by hearing breathing..

There are MANY medical issues that can happen while someone still has breath...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

A person in the midst of a medical emergency wouldn't be manually holding the lever which sends a plane into landing mode. They have determined that to be a fact. It just doesn't look good for this to be an accident.

I was JUST reading that... thank you!

I heard that first thing this morning and thought, "Uh oh". Next, I would expect the authorities to go through his apartment or house, check his computer, text messages, etc. I'm sure we'll find out exactly what happened within a few days. I hope so, anyway.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

The problem with figuring out whether someone is mentally ill or just evil is that a lot of people with schizophrenia can exhibit evil without their meds. I have seen it up close and personal. I guess you could say I loved the person but despised their illness.....

I think the term evil is mostly used when people try to explain things they don't understand or know about an individual psychologically. jmo, of course.

I think that people don't want to think that human beings can do horrific things without the assistance of "the devil" or "demons".

I think people don't want to believe in the existence of evil because they cannot explain it. The horrific thing is the evil.

Respected Contributor

Not nice.

I agree. Was it really necessary?

I don't think we can combat evil like that. We just need to try and be one step ahead and it unfortunately doesn't always work. Whatever he used to implement this plan we will combat it and put safeguards in place...but unfortunately along will come anothey situation.

I don't think we will every truly understand and I am glad for one I don't. I don't want to have the mindset of terrorists..and whether it is a recognized group or one flying off the cuff like the Boston Marathon Bombers..they are still considered terrorists to me.

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

Well, I can certainly understand that way of thinking. A person has to be living in the darkness to even contemplate such a thing (barring mental illness, of course).