Respected Contributor

Re: PILOT DELIBERTLY CRASHED PLANE.

The pilot who took this plane down took a break in his flight classes for a few months....hmmm, wonder where he went and what he was doing during this time. Oops, meant to say co-pilot.
Esteemed Contributor

Without knowing what was going on in his head it is hard to determine if it is a mental illness or not. May they all RIP.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/26/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

My grandmother told me when I was growing up that the devil walks the earth.

The problem with figuring out whether someone is mentally ill or just evil is that a lot of people with schizophrenia can exhibit evil without their meds. I have seen it up close and personal. I guess you could say I loved the person but despised their illness.....

I think the term evil is mostly used when people try to explain things they don't understand or know about an individual psychologically. jmo, of course.

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Stella Dallas said:

So it sounds like not all the facts are in, the investigation is on-going, there are lots of theories flying around, and no one REALLY knows what happened. They know the circumstances, yes, but not the actual truth.

Remember the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City, 20 years ago almost to the day? Until Timothy McVeigh--an American-born ex-Marine--was caught, everyone knew it was Islamic terrorists; they KNEW it!

Well, I guess we don't know everything we think we know. I've jumped to conclusions myself and been mistaken so I'll wait till the investigation is as complete as possible.

I feel very sorry for the families and loved ones of the crash victims; I have nothing but sympathy for them. What a cruel way to lose someone.

I remember the coverage of the OK bombings vividly and I never heard anyone speculate that it was Islamic terrorists. They seemed to know from the getgo that it was an American as they were able to trace where the truck was rented and the name of the individual that rented it.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

Unless there is more evidence about this co-pilot, that they are not sharing,I don't know HOW they determine this just by hearing breathing..

There are MANY medical issues that can happen while someone still has breath...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

I doubt he was mentally ill. Probably brain washed by some cult like organization that has him believing he will be 1000 butterflies returned if he does this and that.

Most likely a terrorist network of some sort. I know nobody wants to think/believe that..but I doubt it was a lone ranger suicide mission. Most likely a suicide mission with intent to take them all..for whatever reason.

Mentally ill get enough stigma as it is.

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

Unless there is more evidence about this co-pilot, that they are not sharing,I don't know HOW they determine this just by hearing breathing..

There are MANY medical issues that can happen while someone still has breath...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

A person in the midst of a medical emergency wouldn't be manually holding the lever which sends a plane into landing mode. They have determined that to be a fact. It just doesn't look good for this to be an accident.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Topaz Gem said:

So it sounds like not all the facts are in, the investigation is on-going, there are lots of theories flying around, and no one REALLY knows what happened. They know the circumstances, yes, but not the actual truth.

Remember the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City, 20 years ago almost to the day? Until Timothy McVeigh--an American-born ex-Marine--was caught, everyone knew it was Islamic terrorists; they KNEW it!

Well, I guess we don't know everything we think we know. I've jumped to conclusions myself and been mistaken so I'll wait till the investigation is as complete as possible.

I feel very sorry for the families and loved ones of the crash victims; I have nothing but sympathy for them. What a cruel way to lose someone.

I remember the coverage of the OK bombings vividly and I never heard anyone speculate that it was Islamic terrorists. They seemed to know from the getgo that it was an American as they were able to trace where the truck was rented and the name of the individual that rented it.

Ibrahim Ahmad sat quietly behind an array of microphones, reluctant to talk to yet another crush of reporters about how for a single day the world thought he had blown up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Ahmad, a Jordanian American, had been traveling from his Oklahoma City home to Jordan on April 19, the day the 4,800-pound bomb ripped through the building, killing more than 160 people.

Scooped up in the FBI's initial dragnet, he was questioned in Chicago, and then again in London, where British authorities grilled him for six hours. "When they said, 'You are under arrest in connection with the bombing,' I thought that was the end of the world for me," he told reporters.

But it soon became clear that domestic right-wing extremists were the prime suspects in the case. Did the media jump too quickly to speculate that the bombing was the work of Middle Eastern terrorists? Or were they simply reporting what federal law enforcement presumed for the first day-and-a-half after the explosion?

http://ajrarchive.org/Article.asp?id=1980

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Marp, but I still don't remember that. I'm not doubting it, but I think they quickly ruled out alternative theories, didn't they?

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Topaz Gem said:

I don't recall that either. And my sister was a few blocks away, in town on business, so yes I was paying attention.