Valued Contributor

Re: PILOT DELIBERTLY CRASHED PLANE.

On 3/26/2015 Topaz Gem said:

Thanks, Marp, but I still don't remember that. I'm not doubting it, but I think they quickly ruled out alternative theories, didn't they?

Initially there were several theories--because of the date a tie in with the Branch Davidians, because of the style so similar to the World Trade Center bombings a ME group was suspected and, of course, our home grown dissidents. It did not take long to key in on McVeigh, Terry McNichols and Michael Fortier.

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Pashmina said:
On 3/26/2015 TaxyLady said:

How do we combat this type of evil? How do we know when a person has no respect for human life? Why is someone so crazy they would want to kill all those people not to mention the children?

You should already know the answer to that. I thought you were a Bible Thumper.

And I thought you were new.

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2015 beammeupscottie said:
On 3/26/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:
On 3/26/2015 Lila Belle said:
On 3/26/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

My grandmother told me when I was growing up that the devil walks the earth.

The problem with figuring out whether someone is mentally ill or just evil is that a lot of people with schizophrenia can exhibit evil without their meds. I have seen it up close and personal. I guess you could say I loved the person but despised their illness.....

I think the term evil is mostly used when people try to explain things they don't understand or know about an individual psychologically. jmo, of course.

I think that people don't want to think that human beings can do horrific things without the assistance of "the devil" or "demons".

I think people don't want to believe in the existence of evil because they cannot explain it. The horrific thing is the evil.

The horrific thing is the "evil" and it's perpetrated by man, not by the devil or demons.

That's my viewpoint.

Wink

Respected Contributor

The problem with figuring out whether someone is mentally ill or just evil is that a lot of people with schizophrenia can exhibit evil without their meds. I have seen it up close and personal. I guess you could say I loved the person but despised their illness.....

I think the term evil is mostly used when people try to explain things they don't understand or know about an individual psychologically. jmo, of course.

I think that people don't want to think that human beings can do horrific things without the assistance of "the devil" or "demons".

I think people don't want to believe in the existence of evil because they cannot explain it. The horrific thing is the evil.

The horrific thing is the "evil" and it's perpetrated by man, not by the devil or demons.

That's my viewpoint.

Wink

C.S. Lewis "The Screwtape Letters" has a good commentary on evil.

The thing is when you relegate evil to a man in a red suit with pointy ears and tail, you are missing the very real condition of evil.

ETA: My viewpoint of course. :-)

Super Contributor

That's my viewpoint.

Wink

C.S. Lewis "The Screwtape Letters" has a good commentary on evil.

The thing is when you relegate evil to a man in a red suit with pointy ears and tail, you are missing the very real condition of evil.

ETA: My viewpoint of course. :-)

Well, I am certainly not relegating evil to a man in a red suit with pointy ears and tail.

I'm putting the onus where it belongs.

On man.

Which my post made very clear.

Regular Contributor

On 3/26/2015 MJ 12 said:

How do we combat this type of evil? How do we know when a person has no respect for human life? Why is someone so crazy they would want to kill all those people not to mention the children?

And I thought you were new.

LOL! She preaches on almost every thread so it's not hard to figure out.

Regular Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

Wow.. Not nice..That being said,WHAT does the Bible have to do with her questions?

Uh the end of times. Most of them think we are living in them.

Valued Contributor

To everyone who denies there is evil just mental illness, I wonder if you think members of the Taliban aren't evil just mentally ill?

Valued Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

Wow.. Not nice..That being said,WHAT does the Bible have to do with her questions?

Uh the end of times. Most of them think we are living in them.

Uh, maybe you should take a step back Pashmina before you start talking about "most of them" and what "they" do or believe.

Respected Contributor

article

Cannot begin to imagine what those poor people went through in the last moments of their life knowing they were going to die.