Respected Contributor

Oh, my gosh, I am so tired. I work more than full time and take care of my 91 year old mothers needs to. My family is down, staying at my mothers house but all the visiting has left me miserable. I feel like I could sleep an entire day. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I must be getting at the core of simplification, because this evening when everyone left, I wasn't in the least worn out or stressed. 

I knew I cut back on everything this year, did it all (baking, decorating, etc.) but just reigned it in and did less. It felt good during the process, and feels good right now that it is over, and I'm not exhausted, in debt, or regretful in any way!

@Mominohio  No matter how simple or complicated it is, it always stresses me out to have company.  I am always tired after they leave and appreciate the quiet.  My husband is the same way.

There is a certain amount of tension in listening and responding, remembering what is being served and people are always asking to help and where does this go, and such.  And it's not easy to be on your toes seeing that everyone has what they need and is having a good time.  When you are the host, everyone wants to talk to you too!  

@Sooner Truth!

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

Family just left.....had a nice day......resting with heating pad on my arthritic knee!!  Looking forward to a snack of cheesecake!!

@nana59  Cheesecake isn't a snack.  It is one of the food groups and preferably consumed as a dinner.  LOL

@Cakers3 @nana59  And cheesecake contains THREE separate food groups:  Salt, fat and sugar!  What a deal!