Honored Contributor

Re: PETA releases 'Cecil's Revenge' halloween costume

@betteb wrote:

Disgusting! If you are on Twiiter please tweet

Boycott @costumeish Making money off the death of Cecil with a Cecil the Lion Killer Halloween Costume #Disgusting #Boycottcostumeish

or something similar.

This company needs to feel a little social media backlash. Please also  post on your Facebook if you have one.

https://www.facebook.com/costumeish There is a petition posted on their page to get them to pull this.

On the costume page on their website, they say the costume is so popular they have raised the price.Angry.png

Looking on their Facebook page, it is incredibly clear that these folks are absolutely clueless.  It's also clear they spend no time on QVC forums, or they would have learned a thing or two!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I'm not an especial PETA fan because I disagree with some of their stances/ideology and methods, and have no particular desire to increase their fund-raising.

Having said that, I have no issue with the costume and what it says. I've seen many comments all over the internet, joking, half-joking and not-much-joking, about what people would like to do to the dentist or what people would like to see happen to him. This costume just reiterates a lot of public feeling. It's about as serious as most people have been with their comments. It is for Halloween, which is about humor. Not everyone's sense of humor is the same. I think the costume is funny because I tend to have a black/dark sense of humor.

@MoonchildeYes PETA's costume is dark funny. My outrage is with costumeish.co and their Lion Killer Dentist costume

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

The costume is no more - this from the petition site - the promise was made to take away the costume if 25,000 signatures were received.  At last count it was over 50,000:

Update #1 about an hour ago

After a lengthy & heated discussion w/ Mr Weeks, he has agreed 2 replace the costume w/a Cecil costume. He is also donating 100%, instead of the 15% initially posted. The petition will remain until this costume is removed. He asked me 4 a couple of days to make the change. TY 2 all of YOU!

It was still for sale on their website an hour ago. I don't understand why the need a couple of days to pull it?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Disgusting! If you are on Twiiter please tweet

Boycott @costumeish Making money off the death of Cecil with a Cecil the Lion Killer Halloween Costume #Disgusting #Boycottcostumeish

or something similar.

This company needs to feel a little social media backlash. Please also  post on your Facebook if you have one.

https://www.facebook.com/costumeish There is a petition posted on their page to get them to pull this.

On the costume page on their website, they say the costume is so popular they have raised the price.Angry.png

Looking on their Facebook page, it is incredibly clear that these folks are absolutely clueless.  It's also clear they spend no time on QVC forums, or they would have learned a thing or two!

Yes that's why I was encouraging folks to sign, Tweet, Facebook, etc

Honored Contributor

It's sad that there's always someone willing to make a buck.  I could see if all proceeds were donated from the get go.

Respected Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

The costume is no more - this from the petition site - the promise was made to take away the costume if 25,000 signatures were received.  At last count it was over 50,000:

Update #1 about an hour ago

After a lengthy & heated discussion w/ Mr Weeks, he has agreed 2 replace the costume w/a Cecil costume. He is also donating 100%, instead of the 15% initially posted. The petition will remain until this costume is removed. He asked me 4 a couple of days to make the change. TY 2 all of YOU!

It was still for sale on their website an hour ago. I don't understand why the need a couple of days to pull it?

Their sales probably tripled as soon as the petition started. Free advertising.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cannot imagine opening my door on Halloween to be faced with an adult, let alone a child, showing up in this costume. Shock, yes. 

In my opinion, this makes light of a serious situation, not to mention it is in extreme bad taste. Surely, PETA has better methods to raise money. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

Thank you adelina for your post; I feel the same way-- Halloween is for the kids to enjoy. Adults wearing costumes that send messages like this be they good or bad is in bad taste. Its sick humor.

Making a buck off of this is pretty sad but not surprising.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Thank you adelina for your post; I feel the same way-- Halloween is for the kids to enjoy. Adults wearing costumes that send messages like this be they good or bad is in bad taste. Its sick humor.

Thousands of people have adult costume parties.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debc wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Thousands of people have adult costume parties.  

True, but you'd still have to be pretty sick to think anything about this was amusing.  JMHO.