Respected Contributor

Re: PER READER'S DIGEST-COMEBACKS THAT WILL SHUT DOWN ANY ARGUMENT

<shrug>

I took them as things I'd LIKE to say (in my head, not out loud), nor aynthing I'd ACTUALLY say., which is why I found them humorous,

Does that still make me a mean/childiish person too?

Denise
Honored Contributor

If the goal is to never see the person again, I guess these could work.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I might think some of these in my head, but I'd never use them.

They're rude and tacky. Why would I want to stoop that low?

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Yes, childish, rude and demeaning.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow.

@Lindsays Grandma  

How dare you guote something from that well-known mean, childish, rude and tacky Reader's Digest!!!  We all know it's totally serious and offensive!

Some need to spend less $ at QVC and purchase a sense of humor (said meanly, childishly, rudely, tacky and whatever you come up with).

Funny how some decry random JOKES, yet post mean-spirited repllies.

ETA:  Darn...forgot "demeaning"".

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb wrote:

Wow.

@Lindsays Grandma  

How dare you guote something from that well-known mean, childish, rude and tacky Reader's Digest!!!  We all know it's totally serious and offensive!

Some need to spend less $ at QVC and purchase a sense of humor (said meanly, childishly, rudely, tacky and whatever you come up with).

On 10/09 at 10:47 am, you posted on this thread the following;

WOW. Can't decide which is my favorite.  So, will just say all! Thanks for posting (I adore all your funnies).

And on this post you chose to change your attitude by being rude and insulting.  In any case, in the future if you disagree with what someone posted, it will be most appreciated if you do not insult people.  You have the right to your opinion, not the right to be nasty and insulting, it hurts.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

Wow.

@Lindsays Grandma  

On 10/09 at 10:47 am, you posted on this thread the following;

WOW. Can't decide which is my favorite.  So, will just say all! Thanks for posting (I adore all your funnies).

And on this post you chose to change your attitude by being rude and insulting.  In any case, in the future if you disagree with what someone posted, it will be most appreciated if you do not insult people.  You have the right to your opinion, not the right to be nasty and insulting, it hurts.

Actually, @Lindsays Grandma , if I read her post correctly she was making fun of us that do find all those Reader's Digest comebacks mean-spirited.  So, she didn't change har attitude at all.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

Fair enough. I shall not offend you any further.

I'm sure all those who insulted the spirit of this thread will also thank you.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma 

Fair enough. I shall not offend you any further.

I'm sure all those who insulted the spirit of this thread will also thank you.

@denisemb .....If what Icegoddess said  is correct in

that  you were making fun of those who were mean spirited, 

than I apologize, it certainly did not appear that way to

me.  After reading two of your other posts, the third one completely took me by surprise.  I don't want to have ill feelings with you or anyone else.   When I read that post, particularly after reading the other negative comments I found it more offensive than the others and I admit, I reacted. I have been here for 12 years and still can't get

used to people making nasty comments if they don't care

for a subject matter, just move on.  I hope we are okay.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

@Icegoddess  

I will take responsibility for my last post,which was meant to be sarcastic toward your OP's responces..

Evidentally, I need to be more specific) in my typing and will try to do so in the future.

So, I am sincere and honest in enjoying your posts/jokes.  Hppe we can kiss and make up!

Thank you, too Icegoddess.

Denise