Honored Contributor

Re: PEANUT BUTTER AND PICKLE SANDWICHES

Yes, around the age of 20, I went thru a stage when peanut butter and pickle sandwiches hit the spot with me.

That led me into the stage of eating my hot dogs with mustard, onions, dill pickle slices and chili. The more I ate, the more I craved, until I started opening the bun, adding the pickles, then the weiner, mustard, onions, more pickles and then chili. That went on for months, and then my taste buds changed and I was over it.
Honored Contributor

I have eaten peanut butter since childhood, with many combinations of condiments.  For a few decades now I only eat naturally fresh ground PB, with no additives including salt. 

Mostly just eat it straight out of my container with a spoon, seldom eat bread or bun sandwiches. With pickles/with mustard/mayo/salsa/cheddar cheese/BLT, minus the B.

Each some every single day, love it.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS,  your specialty sandwich sounds so yummy.  Have thought of subbing cucumbers for pickles-- since they are essentially the same, minus vinegar, etc.!  And ripe tomatoes I definitely have put in toasted peanut butter sandwiches. That is such a classic summer treat!

Contributor

I had my first peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwich in the late 50s when I lived in Ohio and still enjoy them now.  Yum

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Peanut Butter and Pickles sandwich -- GROSS.

PEANUT BUTTER AND CUCUMBER IS MY FAVORITE