Valued Contributor

Re: PAUL MCCARTNEY WILL BE AT THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME ...

I'm in Cleveland and the morning news stated that there are still tickets available.  

Honored Contributor

@Magicrat wrote:

I'm in Cleveland and the morning news stated that there are still tickets available.  

@Magicrat  Thank you. ❤  But it's not worth it to me. I'm not interested in the rest of the inductees and presenters, just Sir Paul 😍 whose role is small.  I like Cleveland though; there's tons to do there!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Pearlee i do hope something changes and you get those tickets!

how  did you become a member of the  rrhf ?    Wow very impressive !!!   You being one of Sir Pauls  biggest fans you must be able to attend !!!    Keep us posted of any changes !!

@Kitty Galore  Not impressive. Anyone can join; you can go online and join right now. The first time I went there, many years ago, i enjoyed it so much that I joined that very day. At least at that time, if you joined that same day they applied your admission ticket price to the membership fee. And my membership allows me to get in free there and also at lots of other museums in the country that have reciprocity with it. I got in free to the Dali museum in Florida with my membership card.  When I renew my remebership each year they send me a RRHF tee shirt; those are always cool.

I remember the first Member Appreciation Day they had. I went to Cleveland just for it, because The Beatles was the theme for it. I loved it. They have a Member Appreciation Day every year.

@Pearlee @sounds Wonderful !!!!   Something certainly to think about 🤔  Membership appreciation day sounds awesome! Thanks for the info !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore  The Beatles Membership appreciation day was a blast. There were workshops for the children where they made toy yellow submarines. The Beatles imitation band who did a long concert was fabulous; if you closed your eyes you'd think it was the Beatles singing (and "Paul" wore pointy Beatles boots). The RRHF photographer, taking photos of the event  to put their site, asked to take a photo of me because I was wearing a fabulous hand made Beatles tunic I had bought in a boutique. The photographer took the photo but it wasn't one posted on the site.  It was such a fun day.

The permanent Beatles exhibit there brought me to tears...handwritten lyrics to songs, John's Sgt Pepper costume, other Beatles clothing,  Ringo's drum cover with the Beatles logo on it,etc and a continuous loop of an audiotape of the Beatles recording the albums in the studio.  They do rotate items in and out of the space because they don't have room to show everything of the Beatles that they own. So I see some different things each time I go.👍

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I have tickets.  I'm excited to see Paul McCartney again.  When he toured a few years ago, I went thinking it would be the last time I would get to see him.  This is a bonus.

Other presenters include:  Jennifer Hudson, Taylor Swift, Lionel Ritchie, Christina Aguilara, Bryan Adams and more.  I'm holding out hope that Jon Bon Jovi presents.

Less than two weeks away. 

@Travone  So please do tell about MACCA at the RRHF! The NY Post has photos of the show.

Respected Contributor

@PearleeSorry I didn't reply earlier, but I couldn't log in.

The show was fantastic.  It started with Taylor Swift singing Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.....she was flawles.  She gave a great speech for Carol King. Taylor's parents are BIG Carol King fans so she was brought up on her music.  She brought Carol King to tears.  Carol played the piano and sang you got a friend.....would have loved to see James Taylor surprise her, but no such luck.  She spoke of writing for Aretha Franklin and then Jennifer Hudson came out and sang...natural woman.  What a voice!!!

IMO LL Cool J stole the show.  What a performance.  He had dancers and surprise guests Emminem and J Lo.  He gave a great speech....very humble.

Gary Clark Jr gave a great performance - I didn't know he was going to be there.

I was a bit disappointed in the Tina Turner induction.  We knew she would not be attending, but it just fell flat.  Vivica Foxx inducted her and while a great speech, it was delivered as a performance, not a fan or friend.  H.E.R has a great voice.  Christina Aguelera (sp?) has a good voice, but I do not like the way she sings.  The songs are unrecognizable the way she sings them....I couldn't even tell you if she was singing in English....again, my opinion.

Dave Chappelle inducted Jaye Z....very funny.  JZ did not sing.  He was very happy to be inducted though...as were his mom and sister.  No sign of B or Ivy.

The GoGo's were really good....you could tell they were really really happy to be inducted.  Drew Barrymore inducted them....you have to watch her speech, it was excellent....she is a true fan of theirs.  After their performance she was fanning out on stage with them....it was fun.

The Foo Fighters were great.  They rocked out.  They ended the night singing a Beatles song with Paul McCartney.

I would have LOVED if they did a big All Star Jam, but no such luck.  They are trying to get the show ready for live viewing on TV in the next year or two, so they were really sticking to a schedule.

All in All, I LOVED it.  Glad I was able to have the experience.  I told my friend if I never see another concert, I would be okay since this one was so good.

Sorry this is so long.

Honored Contributor

@Travone  Thank you so much for posting that detailed and interesting post about the induction ceremony. I will definitely have to catch the show on HBO some time. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. 👍  Do you remember which Beatles song Paul sang with FF?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. Get Back.

I didn't mention but I thought the videos of the inductees were very well done.  I learned a lot.   I always liked Todd Rudgren, but had no idea what all he really did.  Patty Smith inducted him via a taped video, even though he refused to be a part of the ceremony. 

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Pearlee. Get Back.

I didn't mention but I thought the videos of the inductees were very well done.  I learned a lot.   I always liked Todd Rudgren, but had no idea what all he really did.  Patty Smith inducted him via a taped video, even though he refused to be a part of the ceremony. 

@Travone  Get Back, of course! A plug for the upcoming Disney+ show  of the newly foubd 50 year old tapes! (And Sunday's 60 Minutes too!)