Honored Contributor

Re: PATTY REILLY NOW IT COSMETICS REPRESENTATIVE on HSN

How did I know that a a poster or two would use this opportunity to rehash the old bashing that occurred during and for years afterward?

And btw, @Hooty , when you presume that something is true, it's up to you to prove it; it's not up to others to prove that it's not.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

How did I know that a a poster or two would use this opportunity to rehash the old bashing that occurred during and for years afterward?

And btw, @Hooty , when you presume that something is true, it's up to you to prove it; it's not up to others to prove that it's not.

@suzyQ3, LOL, in today's world, I don't have to prove anything!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@usffan  Patty Reilly doesn't need a full-time job any longer. She's an excellent saleswoman and a professional speaker. I'm confident she is doing a terrific job representing the IT line. Patty exceeds in everything she does; sounds like a perfect position for her at this time in her life.  

LOL, I find your statement interesting, if she exceeds at everything, why was she fired from QVC and keeps going from job to another!!!   

@Hooty  Do you have proof Patty Reilly was fired? If not, you are posting nasty gossip. 

Of course I don't have "proof" , but I read it on the forums at the time it happened,  do you have "proof" she did not get fired, LOL???

BTW, does she still "admire" herself in the monitor, it's all about "Patti", LOL!!!

————-            

I always liked Patti.  She was always well informed and prepared and did a good job. 

She he got an awfully nice send off, for someone who had been terminated. 

I think what really kaboshed those “fired”, rumors, though, was an article in a trade magazine. As I recall, it was about, the movement of some recent (at the time) home shopping hosts. It basically said that Patti had been willing to stay, but wanted reduced hours. 

QV C wanted more of a commitment, and they parted ways. 

I know this is an old post, but I just don't believe that article. PR may not have been fired, but that commitment idea is a stretch. I have no way of knowing, but I am inclined to believe PR got a big head after she lost all that weight and the powers that be gave her some hard and fast choices. I think she thought she was going to take the world by storm after her weight loss and it never really worked out, just like KL and LR. I'm not saying the woman is not pretty or talented, just that there a million others just like her out there. IMO these women don't know when they have the world by the tail.

Trusted Contributor

I liked Patti as a host. She always seemed knowledgeable and well prepared, whatever she was presenting. 

She became the target of some truly ugly posts, during her QVC tenure. 

I never understood that, but, then, I don't understand getting so invested, negatively, or positively, in any host. 

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hooty, sad but true.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I don't find it odd that Patti is on another network presenting products.

This line of work is what she is good at and what she educationally prepared to do.

When a doctor, nurse, teacher, news reporter, etc. leaves their employer, they seek the same type of work elsewhere.  That is the type of work they do.

This is common sense and seems to be lacking for some people.  Think before you post.

Honored Contributor

I find it interesting that some don't seem to understand that the monitor is there for hosts and others on camera to make use of. Looking at the monitor helps in making sure the product is presented so it shows well, or even shows at all.  You could often see hosts (LR did actually happen to be great at this) taking the hand of a vendor or other presenter and moving it into range of the camera and/or making sure the hand holding the product was steady.

Some new hosts might do well to learn that since many presenters don't seem to know how to be sure the product is shown clearly.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Hooty, sad but true.

While this may be true (and it is sad), responsible people still make an effort to be truthful - which, obviously, means based on fact.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I thought Patti was an excellent Q host.

Straight-forward in her presentations.  Pleasant. Thorough.

Very even-tempered, imo.

Wishing her well in whatever/wherever she's presenting/working.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I found her to be informative when she was paired with women vendors but very unprofessional with some of the men. Her flirting with the male vendors got to be so obvious that a few, including the Clark vendor (Steve M) had to tell her on air to back off. I saw that show and at least three other shows where the men had to struggle to keep her focused on the product. It was embarrassing for the men and uncomfortable to watch. That was after her weight loss. I quit watching her shows. This was a big part of the bashing on the boards. I would feel good about myself too after working hard to reach a weight goal; however, she would probably have had less criticism by handling the situation as Leah has--being gracious and classy.

That was in the past and if she is doing a great job representing IT, I'm very happy for her. It's difficult to be in the public eye and make missteps and then recover. The public can be a tough crowd.