Honored Contributor

PAPYRUS ➡️💌

[ Edited ]

I used to power-walk in a mall several yrs back & they had a

Papyrus store next to Neimans...good location, but never once

did I see anyone in there.

They do have beautiful cards but it's hard to justify driving to a mall

to get a card. Payurus cards are in my grocery store, so....

Honored Contributor

I buy the wrapping paper and other things that catch my eye. So many different type items in the store. Good for engraved invitations also like weddings etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Like a few others have mentioned I didn't know they have stand alone stores. They sell this brand in my local health food store and I've sent a few of their cards to my daughter.

The only one I can remember clearly was for last Easter. It had three little chocolate-looking bunnies sitting on top of three flower pots. The bunnies looked so real--like you could pull them off and eat them. It came with a little information card about hummingbirds and a gold seal with a raised hummingbird to put on the envelope. I think it was was around $8.95 but was so cute I didn't mind paying it, especially since I no longer get to make her Easter baskets.

I'd love to go into one of their stores but it sounds like I might never get the chance. 

Respected Contributor

Re: PAPYRUS Card Stores to Close

My local mall had a Papyrus card store and that was my go-to place for buying Birthday cards or any other occasion type cards for family n friends.  So this saddens me.  It's just another part of my past that is going away.

I always send cards for Birthdays and write notes.  Sad to see that people are not doing that anymore.  I enjoy looking at penmanship and a special note card to say what you want.  I am sorry I didn't save some old letters that people had written to me over the years, like people used to save their love letters in an old box.  Well I guess thats a thing of the past and not done anymore.

I'm stuck getting my cards at the local Walmart or small gift shops downtown.  I prefer the small gift shops downtown, but that's not always convenient for me.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I used to buy all my cards there. I went in our local store a couple of weeks ago to buy an anniversary card. I couldn't find one that was catching my eye. I couldnt believe it. I told mr henny. He said he had been in there a few days before and couldn't find one for me either.

It's a bit sad. I love cards.  I will have to channel my youth and make cards again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

was just in there today.

i was doing my walking in the mall since it was so cold outside. i noticed a sign that said "everything must go."

everything is now 30% off.

i saw a lot of nice items......but i am thinking of waiting for 50 - 60% off.

my daughter is getting married in two months and i told her to come with me so we can pick out thank you notes. ours has a wonderful selection of gift items also......handbags, scarves, music boxes, ornaments, journals, and more.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox   Thanks so much for posting this.  I only buy Papyrus cards so I just power shopped their website.  I have always bought cards ahead for the whole year on their website and I really hope that they keep an online presence -- but the fact that everything online is 20% off with no returns doesn't bode well.

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My local mall had a Papyrus card store and that was my go-to place for buying Birthday cards or any other occasion type cards for family n friends.  So this saddens me.  It's just another part of my past that is going away.

I always send cards for Birthdays and write notes.  Sad to see that people are not doing that anymore.  I enjoy looking at penmanship and a special note card to say what you want.  I am sorry I didn't save some old letters that people had written to me over the years, like people used to save their love letters in an old box.  Well I guess thats a thing of the past and not done anymore.

I'm stuck getting my cards at the local Walmart or small gift shops downtown.  I prefer the small gift shops downtown, but that's not always convenient for me.

This is sad news.  I really like their cards and other things in their shops. They do sell their cards and gift bags, etc in other places too.  Like you, I enjoy sending and receiving cards. It's a nice personal touch.  My family is big on cards for birthdays,  Christmas,  Easter, anniversaries, etc and blank cards just for hand writing letters. I like picking out special cards for special people.  I cherish the old cards I've kept that my grandparents and others had written things inside for me and when someone sends me cards they sit on my mantle.   Lol, I still have my birthday cards and New Year cards out that were sent recently. 

Respected Contributor

Beautiful cards. I think I have every one we have received,Too pretty to throw away. I only send to special people. We have a store in Reno at the Meadwood Mall.

Respected Contributor

I purchased many cards from Papyrus but not in quite a few years. Sad, but not surprised, to see them go.