Respected Contributor

Re: PA Residents Crossing State Lines For Booze.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Let me start by saying while I occasionally (maybe 3/4 times a year) enjoy a glass of wine, I am not what you would call a drinker. I don't feel a bottle of liquor is a life-sustaining need.

I just read some of my follow Pennsylvanians along the western border  are going to some counties in Ohio and W. Virginia to buy liquor.  Beer distributors in PA are still open and you can still buy wine at some grocery stores.

Thankfully, those out of state counties are clamping down and not allowing the out of state purchases.  Kick their butts back to PA.  Why would you risk infecting other states even more or bringing it back with you?

You can buy booze online but evidently they are very swamped.  I can't imagine, no matter how bad it gets, that driving to another state for alcohol would enter my mind.  

what do you care? it's not your money they're spending or your car they're driving. 

Respected Contributor

@DustRose   I had no idea the Vitamin Shoppe was also closed!  I don't think I have ever seen more than five people at one time in that store.  All these stores have to do is limit the amount of people entering. 

I'm sure you and your family have so much to get in order for the wedding, but nothing is open.  I wish you the best.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Helloall -

The way they keep delaying opening of businesses I wonder what's going to happen.   I'm 🙏 the wedding happens

And for those who say I'm being selfish yes I am and make no bones about it

Respected Contributor

@DustRose  Why would anyone think you are selfish?  This is going to be one of the happiest days in your son's life and he and everyone involved deserves to have what they want.  Weddings are special and to have this unknown hanging over your heads is not right. 

I know this is all not going to go away, but I do hope you can do and get whatever your need so the day can be as beautiful as it should be.

Super Contributor

Helloall.  It's based on what I read on these boards

Super Contributor

@DustRose wrote:

Helloall.  It's based on what I read on these boards

Any truth, factual information should be obtained from your own local officials.  This isn't the place to seek facts.  I truly hope your son's wedding will take place sooner than later.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

BeautyLvr.  I was talking about how some posters reactions to an individual post

Example - there was a post about a girl not being able to go into a store to buy a bike.  If I recall she was called spoiled or something like that

That's why I made my comment about being selfish

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@wishmoon  Buying for large events is fine and that I understand, however weddings, graduations etc. aren't happening.

I guess folks are just planning on drinking their way through this.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Oh, so what ???   If they are staying home and aren't driving, who cares?  

You obviously aren't aware that, nationally, alcohol sales are up 55%.  I'm not the least bit surprised.  

My favorite grocery store manager said whenever there's a "major issue" here in SoCal, he's always well stocked with alcoholchocolate  and  ice cream!   He said massive purchases were made during 9/11 as well as whenever any earthquake hits around here.  

For the record, cannabis is legal here, and sales of that are very brisk, too.   A couple friends have been doing a LOT of online shopping ... thank goodness they can afford it.

Everyone seems to have their "drug of choice".  It is what it is.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  ......  Ohio just discussed this problem yesterday. When did Pennsylvania change their law that prohibited bringing liquor across state lines? If they haven"t they need to enforce their law. 

Honored Contributor

Based on the general concern for the economy getting jump started, if a person goes into a liquor store, wearing gloves and a mask and buys a bunch of alcohol, (maybe some of it is for his friends), isn't that stimulating the economy?   That liquor store owner will either call back to work an employee or two, spend money at various open stores, and even in tiny ways, the community and country benefits.

I see nothing wrong with that.

Mask   Mask   Mask