Honored Contributor

Re: P&G price increase coming soon. Heads up!

Shoe doesn't fit the other foot so well it seems.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's just getting too much. Every time I turn around something is going up. When is it going to end?!  It's really bad for people on fixed incomes especially...like I am. 

@SilleeMee 

When is it going to end?   Probably never.   Prices may increase less frequently, but they will always go up sooner or later.

What ever drops in price?  Just two things come to mind ....   stocks drop in price .... and so does real estate occasionally.  Not good when you can't get your money out of a house.   It's not good enough to just break even ....   JMO, of course.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its not just one item going up 8%----its the entire cumulative impact of price increases!!!!!----

Some of my friends that live in apartments were hit with an $80 a month increase on their rent!!! And for home owners our property taxes are going up!!!

Our utility company just announced a rate increase.....and dont you know the water company will be next....

Gasoline has gone up......

Let's say you buy 35 items a week at the grocery store and each product goes up $2 thats another $70 a week/$280 additional per month!!! 

Add these all up and thats quite an increase for your average middle class family----and any salary raises or SS increases, or tax credits will quickly be eaten up.....🤷‍♀️

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's just getting too much. Every time I turn around something is going up. When is it going to end?!  It's really bad for people on fixed incomes especially...like I am. 

@SilleeMee 

We are both also on fixed incomes. My wife has her Pet Sitting to help supplement them. 

As long as goods are backed up, making everything harder to manufacture or process?  Throw in the $1 bill now worth $.97, and we with fixed incomes are have to do more improvisation to get by.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Kraft is Raising Prices too.

Kraft Heinz said in a recent letter to its customers that it will raise prices in March on dozens of products, including Oscar Mayer cold cuts, hot dogs, sausages, bacon, Velveeta cheese, Maxwell House coffee, TGIF frozen chicken wings, Kool-Aid and Capri Sun drinks.

The increases range from 6.6% on 12oz Velveeta Fresh Packs to 30% on a three-pack of Oscar Mayer turkey bacon.

Most cold cuts and beef hot dogs will go up around 10% and coffee around 5%. Some Kool-Aid and Capri Sun drink packs will increase by about 20%.

US consumer prices rose 7% annually in December, the steepest climb in 39 years.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I heard that Coke is raising their prices too due to a shortage of aluminum cans and increased prices.

We went to the grocery store yesterday.  When my DH goes, he just buys what he wants and doesn't look at prices.

He picked up a multi pack of small 12 oz. bottles of Coke Zero.  Those  8 small bottles were $8.79.  I had a fit when I saw that, but he out voted me.

He better make them last.  I'm not buying any more at that price and not inviting him to go shopping with me.

@Carmie pop prices are ridiculous.  I don't drink pop but my DH is a diet pop drinker.  A few weeks back they had no pop on sale and I was shocked at the prices.  I bought nothing and told him he was going to drink more water.  LOL    

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Some of you might want to try getting a side hustle so that an 8% increase in the price of your cereal doesn't bother you this much. For me, that would not blow my budget. I do know I am lucky.

@Porcelain , go tell a 67 year old to get a side hustle.

This isn't just about an 8% increase in cereal.  It's about an increase in everything including things we have to have like natural gas, water, sewer and electric.  Not to mention the cost of gas for your vehicle.   

Respected Contributor

While the average consumer is seeing the price of their goods increase, so are the CEOs seeing their bonuses and salaries increase exponentially. One surely can't expect the ultra wealthy, who had their taxes (if they even paid any) cut to absorb any of the costs that are passed on to their customers. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Everything is going way up. garbage collection monthly charge went up 5 bucks. water purifier monthly bill went up 5, QVC clothes are getting really expensive. No area of the economy not affected.

Respected Contributor

I felt sorry for us in the USA until I heard it was worse in Europe.  Apparently it is because of the pandemic.  Inflation also happened after the 1917/18 pandemic.