Honored Contributor

Re: P&G price increase coming soon. Heads up!

@Marp wrote:

I heard that Coke is raising their prices too due to a shortage of aluminum cans and increased prices.

We went to the grocery store yesterday.  When my DH goes, he just buys what he wants and doesn't look at prices.

He picked up a multi pack of small 12 oz. bottles of Coke Zero.  Those  8 small bottles were $8.79.  I had a fit when I saw that, but he out voted me.

He better make them last.  I'm not buying any more at that price and not inviting him to go shopping with me.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@sunshine45 

How long before the " others " raise their prices ?  They won't let their competition get too far ahead !

@jlkz 

oh i have no doubt that others will raise their prices.

there will always be competition......and then i will probably always buy the one that is cheaper in these particular product lines. i am not "married" to any one brand in the items mentioned.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am glad i am not devoted to any of the PandG products mentioned. i will easily switch to a different brand if they pricing gets too out of control.

I honestly don't think it will make a difference what brand you buy.  When one company raises their prices, the other ones will do the same.  They all are facing the same problems.

I plan to stock up on the things I use most often and try to use coupons when I run out.

@Carmie 

increasing prices are always a "thing" in every product category. when have you known them to be stagnant or reduced permanently?

there are ALWAYS many alternatives to PG brands......and there is ALWAY something cheaper. i am also a big shopper at sams club and BJs.....where they are often cheaper than getting these products at the grocery stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I heard that Coke is raising their prices too due to a shortage of aluminum cans and increased prices.

We went to the grocery store yesterday.  When my DH goes, he just buys what he wants and doesn't look at prices.

He picked up a multi pack of small 12 oz. bottles of Coke Zero.  Those  8 small bottles were $8.79.  I had a fit when I saw that, but he out voted me.

He better make them last.  I'm not buying any more at that price and not inviting him to go shopping with me.

@Carmie - maybe he'll go on his own and buy them.  

That price is ridiculous though. I'm a big Coke Zero Cherry fan and fortunately, my grocery store does buy 2 get 1 or 2 free frequently. I'll have to pay closer attention to the price.  I was shocked at the price you posted.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Gotta pay for those higher wages some how. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ugh, I use Gain Original laundry Detergent and Mr Clean Gain scent for mopping. There goes my monthly $215 pay increase effective Feb. 1st

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I feel you.  My DH is the worst when it comes to looking at prices.  He once bought a $12.00 pineapple because all he looked at was the price per pound.  He never thought to weigh it to see the total weight.  He did admit to feeling ashamed on that one.  

He's gotten a little better but I still have to remind him to look at the prices before he puts something in the cart.  

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 

With certain products, I am stuck....DH prefers a certain no scent product.  When they discontinue it, then change will occur.

Too many other things to deal with now though !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I've seen inflation in my time, and soaring interest rates, and we're in for it.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  hopefully, change is in the air.