Honored Contributor

P&G price increase coming soon. Heads up!

[ Edited ]

I read today that P&G is raising their prices on Tide, Gain, liquid and dryer sheets, and scent beads along with some of their other products by about 5- 8% or more starting the end of January or early February.

Just a head's up if you use these products. 

Also, included is General Mills cereals, and personal care products including infant and adult diapers, feminine intimate products, mouth wash, Crest toothpaste,  Charmin TP, facial tissues and Vicks and flu meds, Metamucil and Pepto Bismol.

Time to clip those coupons and use them asap if you use anything made by Proctor and Gamble and General Mills.

Honored Contributor

Re: P&G price increase coming soon. Heads up!

It's just getting too much. Every time I turn around something is going up. When is it going to end?!  It's really bad for people on fixed incomes especially...like I am. 

Honored Contributor

i am glad i am not devoted to any of the PandG products mentioned. i will easily switch to a different brand if they pricing gets too out of control.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I didn't think General Mills cereals were made by Procter & Gamble.

Honored Contributor

What else is new, everything keeps going up and up. I live alone and went grocery shopping on Friday, I spent $100 and got nothing!

Honored Contributor

shoot ! I just bought a new power recliner leather love seat with tax and delivery put it pretty close to 3 large, now, just the basic price starting out is 3 large !

just put it on credit card Thurs good thing I did. won't get it till Feb 8th.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I didn't think General Mills cereals were made by Procter & Gamble.

Oops, it's not.  It is General Mills.  General Mills, Fresh Pet and

McCormick and Co are raising prices too.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard that Coke is raising their prices too due to a shortage of aluminum cans and increased prices.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 

How long before the " others " raise their prices ?  They won't let their competition get too far ahead !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am glad i am not devoted to any of the PandG products mentioned. i will easily switch to a different brand if they pricing gets too out of control.

I honestly don't think it will make a difference what brand you buy.  When one company raises their prices, the other ones will do the same.  They all are facing the same problems.

I plan to stock up on the things I use most often and try to use coupons when I run out.