Honored Contributor

Re: P&G price increase coming soon. Heads up!

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Some of you might want to try getting a side hustle so that an 8% increase in the price of your cereal doesn't bother you this much. For me, that would not blow my budget. I do know I am lucky.

@Porcelain , go tell a 67 year old to get a side hustle.

This isn't just about an 8% increase in cereal.  It's about an increase in everything including things we have to have like natural gas, water, sewer and electric.  Not to mention the cost of gas for your vehicle.   

I know. But I can absorb it.

Poor people have been unable to afford those things this whole time. And they are always told to shut up stop complaining stop being so lazy and go work harder. We deserve to be told those same things. What goes around comes around.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I saw that several other big companies will be making price increases in addition to P&G. I recall Starbucks and Heinz were two of them, but there were more. I think it's safe to assume prices will be going up for everything.

Respected Contributor

Feb. 10, 2022   
Inflation ran red hot again

CNBC: Inflation rises 7.5% over the past year, even more than expected and the highest since 1982.

Consumer prices in January surged more than expected over the past 12 months, indicating a worsening outlook for inflation and cementing the likelihood of substantial interest rate hikes this year. The consumer price index, which measures the costs of dozens of everyday consumer goods, rose 7.5% compared to a year ago, the Labor Department reported Thursday.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get an 18 count of eggs at my Weis store for only 99 cents. If you 

accumulate 100 or more points with your purchases, or do a Weis

survey which gives you the points instantly then next visit claim my

reward.

Great offer!

272280050_504843807666393_2340741877614153604_n.png