Respected Contributor

My children both mailed packages to me about a week ago.  I truly didn't think either one would get to me until after Christmas.

Daughter's box came two days ago, and my son's package arrived today!

An unexpected and appreciated surprise.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: P.O. Came Through For Me!

@alicedee 

It's always nice to get a 'surprise' isn't it?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours in this trying year!

May there always be peace with our fellow man.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

USPS - and UPS - -  as well are pulling all punches to get packages to destinations.  After dark my doorbell rang and it was a young lad driving a dark older sedan delivering.   He yelled have a nice night ........

UPS has doubled up - one drives and the other is the 'runner'.

Feeling guilty.......... I ordered some household items from Amazon - in absolutely in no hurry for items (new tub mat,etc.)......so I added to the shipping load unnecessarily.

Shame on me!  Wasn't thinking

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Thank you.....have a wonderful Christmas.  🎄

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

USPS - and UPS - -  as well are pulling all punches to get packages to destinations.  After dark my doorbell rang and it was a young lad driving a dark older sedan delivering.   He yelled have a nice night ........

Feeling guilty.......... I ordered some household items from Amazon - in absolutely in no hurry for items (new tub mat,etc.)......so I added to the shipping load unnecessarily.

@fthunt  You know what....I did the same thing,  ordered some household things from Amazon that really could have waited.  Never even thought about it til I read your post.  Will remember for next year, though.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am glad the OP got her packages.  As of yesterday I have everything I ordered.  It was frustrating to see items sit in the Post Office for 8-10 days, but sort of expecting delays my last order was in early December.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt 

No harm, no fowl, no shame here, no need to feel 'guilty'!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I ordered an item that was "processing" for a week at QVC but it said estimated arrival date 12/23.  I really doubted it because of the post office backup.  I got a notice saying it was being shipped 4 days ago via UPS.  I went into tracking 2 days later and saw it went to my post office.  I thought no way will I get this for Christmas.

Guess what?  I got it today 12/23 as promised.  They did a great job.