Respected Contributor

i remember having the awful itching a few years back.  It may be a medication that you're taking. 

dr. gave me a pill to stop the itching, but i hated how i felt in the morning. 

you might want to ask dr about the meds you are taking. one of them might be the culprit.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace

If you are serious and your skin really is itching badly, try this ..........  make a slightly watery paste of baking soda and water and try it on an itchy part ..... yes, it seems too obvious, but I had a super-itchy bug bite a couple years ago and headed over to the drug store ....   a few times, because none of the products were working, so back to buy something else.  Again and again.

Well, I spent over $30 on itch and bite products before I tried baking soda .... the itch stopped immediatly, and the "cure" cost less than one cent to make.   Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if this might be of help to you.  But I thought I was buying the latest greates laundry detergent.  Well hubby who never is allergic to anything came down with rash all over both his legs.  He went to a dermatogist and before he opened up his mouth I knew what was going on.  The Detergent.  All sorts of additives.  I made a substitute immediately and the rash was gone.  I now am so careful.  I NEVER USED TO BE THAT WAY. You might want to Google it and see what I am saying is widespread.

Trusted Contributor

I just said a prayer for you @FuzzyFace Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I have itch problems all my life on and off. I have talked many prescriptions. Some helped others not at all. Right now I have rashes on my arms. It is from gnats. I brought them in on flowers from my garden. Thought it was a nice idea. Wrong! Tryed creams. Didn’t work. Now medicad powder. I truly feel sorry for you. Hoping it improves. Sending prayers for you.

Respected Contributor

How about calamine lotion. I got chicken Pox at 28 y/o and I had them everywhere.  I would sit in my bathtub filled with oatmeal and cry the pain and itchin was horrible. My doctor would not see me because AIDS was still being cautioned so they said to do the oatmeal bath, lightly dry off and then but calamine on my body. 

I will never forget that day, it was when OJ Simson was in the white bronco driving from the law.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

Re: Oy! Gag! Oy! Oy! Bleah!

[ Edited ]

I used Aloe Vera Gel for some itching and it worked for me. I wish you the best!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

I just said a prayer for you @FuzzyFace Woman Happy

Thank you, Newgate.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, catiele; for the time being, that's about the strongest medicine I can use. :-)

Honored Contributor
If you are taking Niacin, that can be causing the itching, especially at night. Switch to the no-flush time-release if you can. I am so sorry you are dealing with so many things at once..when it rains, it pours, right? I am glad you are trying to stay ahead of the pain because it can give the relief you need and help you deal with everything. God bless you!