Trusted Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I have a friend who go the Shingles 4 times.

@FuzzyFace wrote:

Hi Lisa Y--No, it's not shingles; I had that years ago.

Now this is what really puzzles me: I've asked more than one doctor about how many times one can get shingles and I get different answers. My primary care doctor swears up and down you can only get shingles once. I've had other doctors and other medical web pages say different. All I know is that sometimes I itch so bad I could just scream; right now, thankfully, I'm in remission, so to say. I guess I'll just scratch and drink that nasty medicine.

If you're wondering why I don't consult another doctor...in the last 5 years or so I've seen SO many doctors (joint replacements, appendicitis, hepatitis and MORE) that I'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming to see a new doctor. I'll bet there are plenty of people here who feel the same way.

Esteemed Contributor

@FuzzyFace  I believe that you can get shingles more than once.  Why else would they still vaccinate for shingles if you have already had it.  I had it in high school and it was horrible.  What you are describing is NOT shingles.  Shingles doesn't itch, it is a terrible burning as you know since you have had it. 

I am glad you are in a remission from this now.  Prayers for continued relief.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@FuzzyFace  I believe that you can get shingles more than once.  Why else would they still vaccinate for shingles if you have already had it.  I had it in high school and it was horrible.  What you are describing is NOT shingles.  Shingles doesn't itch, it is a terrible burning as you know since you have had it. 

I am glad you are in a remission from this now.  Prayers for continued relief.

Thank you! I really need all the help I can get.

Respected Contributor

My daughter has PBC (a progressive liver disease).  She is miserable because of her skin itching.