Trusted Contributor

i have bought end tables, lamps, quilts, and rugs from them in the past. This year I bought a sofa table and a 5 x 7 rug.  I make sure I understand the size, amount of assembly, etc. and have had great success.  A few years ago, I received a damaged table, called, had a new one sent out while I put the damaged table outside to be picked up for return.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Overstock.com

[ Edited ]

I have been purchasing from Overstock for many, many years.  Things I received are two 100% wool room size carpets, outdoor carpet for my deck, sheets and bedding, a queen size headboard for my guest room, slip covers for a sofa and love seat, outdoor decor, a console table for my hallway, a Cole Haan handbag, a leather school backpack, vacuum cleaner and a bunch of other things.

I have never had a problem or issue.  

Respected Contributor

Only jewelry. They were good purchases. One return and no problem being credited.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like their is alot of assembly required on furniture items. Do you have to buy the tools to assemble or do they come with the items? What about sofas? do they come with assembly required? I see living room sofas on their website, do you have to assemble those?  That would seem like a massive ordeal !

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee I've purchased Safavieh rugs from them twice.  The first ones were polyporpylene which look wonderful and hold up ok except when they get dirty, they are difficult to clean.  The second time I got Safavieh wool, so I'm hoping these will at least

be cleanable.  The price was so reasonable I have to be suspicious about the quality, but I don't want to invest much so it's worth a try.  

Trusted Contributor

I recently purchased a folding bookshelf, a buffet/server and a futon from Overstock. The items are  great quality, and the shipping is included in the price of the merchandise. The larger pieces come unassembled and if you aren't handy, or the piece is very large and heavy, Overstock contracts with companies that can  assemble it for you, but of course, this service is not free. I highly recommend them and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again

Honored Contributor

Re: Overstock.com

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes --yes, I bought a new sofa last May from Overstock. I ordered it on a Monday and it was delivered that Friday. Got a great sale price as well as free shipping as well as free returns. I bought a 3 year warranty for it, just in case. It is  a 3 seat reclining sofa. Is very comfy and well made. Looks good too. Was kind of hard to do that online,  but I was not going to go out to a store to buy one and then have to wait months to get it. 

Honored Contributor

I purchased a couple jewelry items in the past.  They were very nice and ordering was good.  No problem.  Never ordered any furniture or household items. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee    I have purchased several Safavieh rugs from OS too with great results.   I only returned one item and was not charged for the return but it's possible they do charge a restocking fee on some items 

Honored Contributor

I ordered once from Overstock. They charged me $60 to return something. I called and complained since that left me with a $5 refund. They made an exception and refunded the $60. But I'll be very very careful if I ever order from them again.