Esteemed Contributor

Re: Over-Used Phrases That Make Me Scream!

@ginirn wrote:

"No problem"  used by wait staff in restaurants.  When they say It I replay "Well if taking my order was a problem I would suggest another job."

@ginirn  Why would you say something so rude to someone who is serving you your food?  That is not a wise thing to do.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

The double “is.”  Used by commentators or pundits. I’ve heard regular people say it too.  I can’t think of examples. You’ll know it when you hear it. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

These kinds of things or words don't bother me a bit.  I look to the character of the person and how they reach out to others.

Honored Contributor

I know, right?
Whatever
OMG
Super Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Grammer grammer grammer! Along with" I seen" driving me crazy it"s " my mother she" or my brother he "  and it's on tv all the time not just the Q.

Grammar is so important.

Down South I hear “My sister and them...” It’s a colloquialism but still makes me cringe.

Super Contributor

@fortune wrote:

"Throw"--throw your clothes in the dryer, throw your cookies in the oven, throw your makeup bag in your Dooney and Bourke bag, etc., etc.

Throw on a cardigan...

Super Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

I hate the phrase "cool beans", "easy peasy", "awesome sauce" and I hate when I read posts that have your when it should be you're or there when is should be their and especially to when it should be too.... (I may be going too deep now.. let me come back) 

What about "sorry for your lost"  when it should be loss. 

I have a friend that also likes to says "unbeknowst to me" 

Awwww.. I have said “cool beans” forever and people always smile.

Super Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I just want to know if it's appropriate to put awesome sauce on cool beans.  An easy peasy recipe to be sure. Woman Wink

@just bee I love you!

Super Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

"Nailed it!"   Why is it so important to "nail it?"   Please just stop using this phrase.  It needs to die.

Or nail it in the heart and it will die...

Super Contributor

@SweetieSugarPlum wrote:

I am 54, blue eye's

I will confess to being a grammar nazi and this sets my teeth on edge; there isn't any need for an apostrophe in "eye's".

Fellow grammar and spelling vigilante here. I often have to leave this forum or other social media venues when the sad, sad spelling and grammar start getting to me. Many don’t read anymore, they just watch TV, and so can’t spell other than phonetically.