Honored Contributor

Over 6" of Snow This Morning--64 degrees Yesterday

[ Edited ]

We have over 6" of snow today.  It started around 1:00 a.m. and is still nowing.  It is 27 degrees now with a wind chill of 17 degrees.  It will be 61 degrees again on Monday.  Yesterday it was 64 degrees and was 74 degrees just a few days earlier.  This is as much snow as we usually get in a year.  It will be 61 degrees again on Monday.  I'm in East TN.

IMG_1144.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Over 6" of Snow This Morning--64 degrees Yesterday

Looks like my backyard in NYS - except I have red winged blackbirds and Cardinals diving for the feeders.  Enjoy the beauty - just stay in.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt   I have large blackbirds at my feeders this morning.  They won't let the other birds come to the feeders.  I have a caged feeder for mealworms for the bluebirds and other small songbirds.  Even being inside the cage the mealworms are covered in snow.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Scare the BB.....get a metal pan and a metal garden tool and open the door and bang the heck ........BB will eventually get the message and not come back.  Cardinals and little birds take a dive for feeders - they know the Gong isn't for them.

Respected Contributor

I live in NJ and that's what we are getting now.  I will be indoors and enjoy the corned beef I cooked yesterday.  It will be warm on Monday so the snow and cold won't stay long.  Stay safe, everyone.

Trusted Contributor

I have to go out today. My 95 year old mother would not let me bring her groceries yesterday.  She is legally blind and has dementia, so what she demands is what we do along with trying to keep her safe in her condo. I have invited her to stay with me, but she refuses, so I will be shoveling snow here and going to mom's and shoveling her pathway in order to check on her, take her groceries, and help her today.

Respected Contributor

Looks like our area. (SWPA). We got a little over 7 inches.  Sky is clearing and sun is trying to come out.  Supposed to be spring like all next week.  DH is making chicken soup.

Respected Contributor

East central PA here. I guess we have about 3 or 4 inches of snow which seems to be winding down. Looks like the sun is trying to peek out here, too. Not as windy yet as I thought it would be. Lows tonight in the teens and much nicer next week.

Respected Contributor

Southeastern MD we got about 2 inches of snow, the wind is howling at about 40 mph and it's 29 degrees. Windchill is 16.  Last week it was in the 60's. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack We had temps at 68 on Friday and rain moved in about 6, snow and sleet by 10.  One thing for sure, if you do not like the weather in north Mississippi, just wait, it will change.