Trusted Contributor

Over 55 lifestyle blog or newsletter??

Does anyone read a lifestyle/coaching newletter or blog aimed at women over 55?  I have subsribed to Cheryl Richardson's weekly newsletter for years.  Over time, it seems to have evolved into an "ALL ABOUT ME" newsletter. 

I rarely relate anymore. 

I would love an uplifting newsletter/blog that would be encouraging, positive, and maybe even lighthearted.  I've tried 55+ style newsletters, which are great, but I am looking for something more. 

Any ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: Over 55 lifestyle blog or newsletter??

AARP has a magazine, newsletter & a message board.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try searching for Satisying Retirement, @mac116.  That author has retired his blog but it is archived.  On the right hand side, he lists a number of blogs.  When you go to one of those, there is usually even more blogs listed.  Worth a try.

ETA:  https://satisfyingretirement.blogspot.com/

I don't think this breaks any rules here 🤷🏼‍♀️

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I've never been able to relate to anyone else's life style or coaching blogs.  I've blazed (or stumbled) my own trails through life.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I've never been able to relate to anyone else's life style or coaching blogs.  I've blazed (or stumbled) my own trails through life.  

@RoughDraft 

🎶 I did it my way.🎶

Stubborn to the end.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@mac116 

I don't have advice on exactly what you're looking for, but I do like homeiswheretheboatis dot net.

The photos are gorgeous, she has two adored bichons, and some interesting ideas, decor, food, styling. I don't actually do anything she features, but love the photos. 
If you're a visual person, you may want to check it out.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks to those who have responded.  I will post if something turns out to be wonderful.  I often want/need inspiration, a gentle push, or a new idea to get me moving from the chaise or chair and the latest book. 

Respected Contributor

Rather than reading blogs and vlogs and newsletters and other stuff, why not just live your life as it fits you?

Trusted Contributor

I find it interesting when someone ask for suggestions people respond with “do your own thing”
I can relate; just when I was younger and looked at magazines which I still do to get information and then choose to do my own thing
I have found many YouTube videos for 55 plus
Hot and Flashy
Palm Springs Cindy
Rxmom
Life over 60 with Sandra
(interesting note she was the Romper Room children’s show teacher. I loved Romper Room

Let me know your findings
Trusted Contributor

@springers 

THANK YOU!  You've given me a great group of things to check out.

Believe it or not, I DO live my own life...sheesh!