Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have any suggestions for covering an oval window on the front door other than the normal curtain with the rod at the top and bottom? Do they make special blinds, if so, where?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oval Window on Front Door

There is an opaque film you can buy from a hardware store.  It comes in sheets and you measure and cut it to size.

Try your local hardware store or Lowes/Home Depot.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Occasional Contributor

Thank you  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You're quite welcome Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Louvered Plantation Shutters:

This is kind of like roman shades:

This looks like it would require special, individual hooks:

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Honored Contributor

There is a diy film in different designs available at Lowe's or Home Depot that you can apply. I used it on my door's side lights for privacy. It will not mar your glass if you want to take it off later. Sorry I can't remember the name.
Honored Contributor

I have a square window and wanted a little privacy, but didn't want to block the light.  I put a window film on the window.  I chose a clear color, but it's cloudy looking.  You can't see through it during the day and it casts shadows at night.  They come in colors too, mimicing stained glass. You cut it to size. Got it at the home depot for around $20.  If i tire of it, it peels off.

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

There is an opaque film you can buy from a hardware store.  It comes in sheets and you measure and cut it to size.

I must have taken a while to type my post...  I said the same thing.  I love this product.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I must have taken a while to type my post...  I said the same thing.  I love this product.

Woman Happy

I used to have a powder room off of our back deck and I needed something for the window. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine state wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions for covering an oval window on the front door other than the normal curtain with the rod at the top and bottom? Do they make special blinds, if so, where?

I personally have always had front doors with no windoe(s). When I had both my Town Homes built, that is how I told them to construct. I prefer privacy to any view. Were I to have a window I would get a very dark 1-way film, that allows you to see out, and prevent those outside from seeing in. 

I know this is available, but I cannot tell you a specific place. Google is always good for about finding most things, if theybexist.

hckynut(john)