Honored Contributor

Re: Outside, it looks like a snow globe

[ Edited ]

Here DFW, someone reported a snowflake falling in downtown.

Blizzard 2017.

I’m sure all the old-school Highland Park ladies will be pulling their Blackglama minks from the fur vault & wearing them everyday to Northpark Mall, Highland Park Village & Dallas Country Club until the new year.

🙃

Honored Contributor

I am in Southeastern Wisconsin, and no snow yet! It has finally gotten cold enough for it though.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@Spurt  You wouldn't be so jealous of snow if you were ever in the middle of a 20 car pile up on the freeway.  Some of us can't just sit in the house and look at it.  I'll take 85 and sunny any day.

@2blonde @sidsmom

The advantage is here when it snows it doesnt last long and most roads and businesses and schools close down for the day until the snow has melted.....

I have relatives that live in one of the "snow belts" so I understand where you are coming from (especially the driving aspect) and have visited during Christmas time ...It is beautiful to see the first snowfalls of the season....but after a while you get tired of having to shovel driveways and sidewalks and the nice white pristine snow turns dirty and ugly too......And having to bundle up for months on end is a pain, but it would be a nice change of pace here.....Some parts of South Texas even got a RARE white Christmas back in 2004....and major snowfall occurred in January back in 1983........And 85 everyday with the A/C running in December/January isnt all its cracked up to be either......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I love the snow, too - it makes me feel like a kid growing up in Ohio.  Here in Oklahoma we seldom are seeing it in recent years, and never at Christmas time. 

Honored Contributor

It's 30 degrees here in Oklahoma and no snow in the forecast. I don't envy any of you that get hung up on the interstates during snow storms or icy conditions. Just be prepared if you do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@qualitygal   I hear ya.  I live just south of Lake Erie, so snow here mostly depends on how the wind blows!  Today, they are saying if you live near the lake, east of Clevland (me), you can expect 2-5" by tonight.  Cleveland and west and south aren't supposed to get anything......just lucky me.  However, right now the sun is out.  Here in the snowbelt though, sometimes it snows while the sun is still shining......really!

Anyway, last night I finally loaded up the Mustang's trunk with my 160 lbs of dumbbells and kitty litter (rear wheel drive, you know).  I also have a full tank of gas back there, and I drug out the snow shovel, so I'm as ready as I can be!

@2blonde I'm sitting over here on the far west side bumming that we aren't supposed to share in that snow.  If it's going to be cold, it might as well snow, IMO.  I think they said over the weekend we are supposed to get a more general snow that will affect everyone.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt  Yes, I get your point.  It would be nice if none of us had such extremes in temps.  I'd seriously be happy with 80-85 all year around, though.....that's not even enough for me turn turn on the AC (only when it gets really humid and goes over 90!).  Honestly, the summers here are very tolerable for me, and I know they are difficult in the south and southwest.  Fact is, if I just moved to the west side of Cleveland, I would rarely even see snow.......but I was born and raised here in the snowbelt, and I still work on the east side too, so I will just deal with it and look forward to spring (again)!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I live in Phoenix.  I grew up in Syracuse.  I for one miss the east coast.  Some people may call me crazy, but I don't care.  I miss the change in seasons.  I miss the fall leaves.  And I miss the snow falling especially on Christmas day.  Spring time when all of the flowers come into bloom.    I'm just not a desert girl. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ruthbe, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.  No way could I give up the four seasons.  I totally get where you're coming from.  All our Christmas outdoor work is done and I am looking forward to our first snow.  Warm weather 12 months of the year is just not my cup of tea!  LM

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

I'm sooooooo jealous!!! I'm praying it snows while I'm in NJ for Christmas....and lots of it!!!☃️⛄️❄️

I'm sick of the same weather everyday.....