Honored Contributor

Outrageous Shipping and Handling Charges

I just got off of the phone with QVC Customer Service. I ordered 3 sets of H192109 (Bethlehem Lights Batter Op Lights). They were 27.34 each. I ordered them at the same time, same phone call. If memory serves every host says,"Now when you buy more than one, you only pay one price for the shipping and handling". I know you've heard it too. OK, so I just looked at the shipping forms put in each pkg. I received one set of lights in one box, that charge for shipping and handling was $5.47. I opened a second box and two sets of lights were in that box, again I was charged $5.47 for these two boxes of lights! So, that was now $10.94 for 3 very small boxes that would have fit into a box smaller than a shoe box! I called CS and was told, "You were charged that because you received a discount on the lights because you bought more than one. We had to put those in a different box because you got a discount". Well, I am in no way a math wiz, however, the additional amount I was charged for the shipping and handling negates the amount I saved by buying more than one set of lights (at the same time). According to every host it is important that you order them at the same time in order to save on the shipping and handling. The hosts have even said that they would put the caller back so they can combine the items, thus saving on the shipping and handling. I was told by customer service, "Miss Annabelle, you did save money on the shipping and handling". I told her that I finally get what my adult daughters have been telling me for years, "that the money I am charged for shipping and handling makes the item cost more than the cost of the gas (per item) I would save on going to the store and buying the item". I told CS I was sending all three boxes back and I did realize that I am (once again) paying additionally by having to send the boxes back in two boxes. I need to do that because I received them in two boxes. If I send them back in one box and pay on my own, it will take a lot of time to refund my amount of money. So, I will just have to post this as a "lesson learned". Ladies, please try to keep this post alive and maybe it will be brought to the attention of the 'powers that be'. I am tired of paying the salary of whomever it is that packages up these items! The amount I've ordered has already decreased by more than 1/2 of what it was this time last year. It is about to be decreased by another 1/4!