Honored Contributor

Re: Outdoor hand washing station

My only question is where do you dispose the used paper towels??

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I would rather use this than hand sanitizer.  I hate how hand sanitizer feels on my hands.

I think it's a great idea! 

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

No thanks...I supply my own handwipes & would never touch that filthy thing.

@kitcat51 

You do realize right, that there is a foot pump at the bottom that you use to pump the water out of the faucet?

And you also realize that you only touch the exposed paper towel hanging out of the dispenser, right?

I see it & as a volunteer shopper I also see the disgusting things people do that would make you want to heave....I can come up with several nasty things that this station can be used for so it'll stay with my No Thanks. I've supplied my own handwipes & sanitizer for years, Covid has nothing to do with it. Be well @Anonymous032819.

Esteemed Contributor

What a great idea!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 

How do you know about the cleanliness of the thing, I would imagine that the mall security keeps a watch on it, the mall is spotless and so was the washing station

@kitcat51 wrote:

No thanks...I supply my own handwipes & would never touch that filthy thing.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

So a outdoor mall, which may not be sate, sets a PR stunt to attract customers?  

And it looks like it is leaking?

Scratch them off your list!

Super Contributor

This would not be good on a city street, but this type of station is very useful for private, outdoor events. Many summer day camps used this over the past couple of months so that kids can wash their hands immediately upon arrival before they enter a building. 

Respected Contributor

Since the water in that thing isn't potable, based on the warning posted on it (don't use it for drinking or cooking), I hardly want to "wash" my hands with it prior to eating, which is the only reason I could see having it in this setting. You have to assume that the water isn't clean.

Stick with gloves, wipes, and Purell. The portable potties I had to use during the summer all had Purell-type dispensers inside of the unit. This worked well.

Valued Contributor

I think anything is better than nothing.And obviously if you have your own sanitizing methods, you Don't have to use it! Some people could be in a pinch or don't carry .

Lots of times I'm thinking of who could benefit from an idea not necessarily me.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   Who put that out there?  The mall or the city?

I think the type that dispenses hand sanitizer would be more economical.

They have them at our local grocery chain going in and going out.

TJ's wipes  carts and give you a hand spray (if you want it).

Whole Foods also wipes carts and has a Purell wipes station inside the door.  They will take temps if you request it.

I'm looking a this leading to a mess of paper towels being discarded on the ground and does that dispenser work automatically???  It looks like it has the lever one pushes.

It's a good idea, better than nothing.  But I do see some problems with it, including it's leaking.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh