Honored Contributor

Out of the mouths of babes . . .

Normally the Daily Mail is usually good for gossip and maybe some snark but this article made me laugh out loud throughout the whole thing (including the comments from other readers):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4116694/I-m-sleeping-wife-Red-faced-parents-reveal-hilario...

Honored Contributor

Re: Out of the mouths of babes . . .

@momtochloe ... I read that this morning and laughed my buns off.  Got me off to a good start for the day and reminded me of so many things I've heard other kids, including my own, say.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, @momtochloe, these were hysterical. I love stuff like this even more now that I have a grandson who says stuff like this a lot that will have us laughing all day.

I have a cute (or not so cute story) about him mispronouncing words. A couple of months ago I watched a documentary about Amanda Knox one night. Well my daughter came over the next day and asked me what we had done the night before. I told her we watched that documentary about Amanda Knox and then I said "Foxy Knoxy". Well my grandson tried to say "Foxy Knoxy" but when he said it, it sounded EXACTLY like "F-ing Nazi". My daughter and I burst out laughing because it was just so unexpected and crazy that it sounded like that. Well the worst thing to do when you want my grandson to NOT do something again is laugh about it because he will do it over and over to get more laughs. I had him one day a month or so later and I was with my sister and husband. All of the sudden and out of nowhere really he said it again. My sister was laughing her head off and my husband just looked at me with a smile and said you are a horrible GG and you are going to H. Ughh..

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201...cute story...I recall you posting that your daughter and family might be moving away from the area for a job opportunity...it sounds like they are still living near you! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Irshgrl31201...cute story...I recall you posting that your daughter and family might be moving away from the area for a job opportunity...it sounds like they are still living near you! 

Yes, so far they are still here. He has traveled to Austin about a 1/2 dozen times and it looks like he may be able to just keep that up. I am hoping so @Mom2Dogs. If he can't then he can't and I know I will survive but we are a close family so it will make things challenging. I see my grandson at least 4-5 times a week and he stays with me at least one night a week so it will be hard to change that. I will be visiting Austin A LOT if they do finally move!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

While babysitting my grandson one day he had to go to the bathroom. He was in the prosess of being traInedible. He went and I praised him. Went to flush and he said wait Nana we have to say goodby to it. Of course we said good buy. Loved those days.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

While babysitting my grandson one day he had to go to the bathroom. He was in the prosess of being traInedible. He went and I praised him. Went to flush and he said wait Nana we have to say goodby to it. Of course we said good buy. Loved those days.

Oh that is so sweet @Catiele!

JFK
Honored Contributor

I was looking after a friends two year old and he had an accident in his pants.He told me it was all my fault because I was supposed to ask him to go...haha I told him it has been a long time since I had to remember to do that so I am sorry I forgot.