Respected Contributor

Re: Out of curosity, have you ever driven a large piece of machinery?

I've driven the Zamboni a few times. Doesn't handle very well. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

My first and LAST experience was driving a large Uhaul moving truck. I have never been so frightened in my life, and would never do it again! Parking was a nightmare, and several small trees were turned into bushes.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE❤

Respected Contributor

I was 19 and drove an 18 wheeler through the wilds of Oklahoma once. my boyfriend rode shotgun.  the owner/operator and his girlfriend were taking a nap.

16 gears at 2AM...  it was just a narrow 2 lane highway and nothing but swamps on each side with a little wire guardrail.  lucky for me the road was pin straight. was never so cranked up ever again. never got to sleep that day.

Trusted Contributor

I drive a Mini Cooper.  Believe me, that's as large as you want me to go!  A girl needs to be able to see over the dash, non?  Giggles.

Honored Contributor

No, nor have I ever had an interest.  

@SandySparkles,

It takes skill to drive a U-haul box truck!   Several local fast food restaurants have had their drive thru awnings heavily damaged by drivers in a U-haul box truck, who forget the height of the truck compared to the height of the drive thru.   

Respected Contributor

As a young teen Dad let me drive the John Deere tractor when he pitched hay into the wagon it was hauling.  I had to trade off with my sister....the other job was to ride in the wagon and stomp down the hay to make more room...that was the WORST!

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop  You are so right! It required much more skill than I imagined. I soon realized I would only be stopping for red lights. 😁I have much admiration for those that can successfully maneuver those behemoths! I knew it would pose a challenge, but whew!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

A cargo loader for jumbo jets / widebody airplanes.

747, DC10, 767 - etc.

Trusted Contributor

We have a large property that needs to be maintained, so we have a John Deere tractor with different parts. It clears snow in the winter, has a fork lift for working, and mows in the summer. It’s got heat and an air conditioned cab and also has a radio. It’s almost too fun to get out there and mow!

Esteemed Contributor

I've always wanted to learn how to operate a front-end loader.

Big boys aren't the only ones who like big toys! *lol*

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.