Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our power has flipped off twice.

@fthunt   Wouldn't me getting stuck on the ground be a grand thing?  With the weather I can see DD or DS finding me all wet and bedraggled in the driveway.  I would never hear the end of it. Years from now it would be "Remember when we found Mom all wet in the drivewa?.  God forbid she wait for one of us."  lol

If I got stuck out and about I would call AAA but I home and safe so I'll wait for DS to look at it.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 It's much easier to handle because it's small (maybe 5-6") and only weighs a couple pounds.  At the time, it cost me around $40.  The hard part for you would probably be bending or crouching down to attach it to each tire.  You have to have the car windows down because it's attached to your dashboard power output (car is running with garage door open, to save your battery).  It does have the pressure meter on it so you can easily see when it gets to the right pressure and shut it off.  It's more accurate than a tire gauge IMO.

Around here, you have to put money into most of the gas station air pumps, plus you have to stand outside in the weather while your doing it.  I have a cramped 1 car garage, and it's still easy......but I don't have a walker.  If you bought one, you probably could have DD do it, though.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 :  Do you have AAA?  They will come and put air in tire, tow, whatever.  Even with several adult men in my household, I depend on AAA.

@patbz   Me, too!    The only thing my husband knew about cars, was where the key went.   (He'd probably have a heck of a time figuring out the new keyless ignitions).   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Order a corded landline phone. AT&T makes one and so do many others. They are cheap. Just buy one and put it away until you need it during,or after, a storm. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The AAA membership is well worth it. My car wouldn’t start last week....turned the key...nothing. I was at home, called AAA and the guy was here in 15 minutes. My battery had started leaking and was totally gone. He had a brand new battery installed in less than 15 more minutes. The price was less than half of what I had paid for the previous battery at the dealer. I made sure to have all of my daughters on AAA when they started driving.