Esteemed Contributor

Our power has flipped off twice.

We are still having lousy weather.  Lots of rain, which is good, but the wind has really picked up.  Must have had a branch hit the power line somewhere.  The lights went off twice but thankfully came right back on.

If we lose power my phones don't work and we don't get cell service at home.  I won't be able to report the outage.

It might be a long day.  I called DD and told her if she can't get me the power is out.

Oh, and 1 of my brand new tires is really  soft so I am homebound until my son gets off work to look at it.  My luck if I try to make it 4 miles to the garage in town, sure as God makes little green apples, I'd be stranded on the road.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our power has flipped off twice.

Tires - that's when it's good to have a portable air pump.  Q just had one and it looked good and price was good too.  I thought about it but have no beach balls - bicycles - to worry about.  New tire?  Sounds like a slow leak.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I bought one of those portable tire pumps a few years ago from Sears and keep it in the garage with the car.  It just plugs into the AC outlet on my dashboard and I can do all four tires in a jif.......love that thing!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2, lots of rain and windy yesterday here in N.E. Pa. and today very windy. So far, so good with the power. Hoping we have no issues. Maybe all the wind and rain took away all those nasty spotted lantern flies that have claimed the maple tree in my yard. They are very destructive and not much to be done with them. Anyhow, hope you're not too long having no power.

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde  Would it be hard to use with a walker?  There is an air compressor in the garage but I have no idea how to use it.  That was hubby's domain.

Esteemed Contributor

Hard to use with a walker?   - I would say - yes.  You'd have to get down to ground level to unscrew tire cap & handle the air connector.  Not being aware of your limitations - you could get 'stuck' down there until daughter comes home.

Wait for son....................LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 :  Do you have AAA?  They will come and put air in tire, tow, whatever.  Even with several adult men in my household, I depend on AAA.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't have your son come over...this is something your daughter should be able to do when she gets home. 

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 :  Do you have AAA?  They will come and put air in tire, tow, whatever.  Even with several adult men in my household, I depend on AAA.

I was just gonna say the same thing.  I have had AAA for 20 years and used to think it's pretty expensive for something I rarely use.  THEN, last Saturday SUV wouldn't start, guy shows up tests battery and its indeed dead. 

He removes and replaces the battery.  No charge for the service call but a new battery was $164.  Looked online when he left and that battery was $10 cheaper than what was at Advance Auto and O'Reilly's for batteries with the same specs.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your phone should be working, it just can't ring! 

Having a simple plug in phone can fix that.

Trimline Corded Phone - Phones for Seniors - Phone for Hearing impaired - Classic Bone Ivory - Retro Novelty Telephone - an Improved Version of The Princess Phones in 1965 - Style Big Button

Only the ringer is electric!

Edited to add:  You should be able to dial a number with no problem.  You just lost the ringer!