Honored Contributor

Re: Our move is finally complete

@RubyinNE wrote:

We did it! We finally moved to New Jersey! I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to see our family (daughter, son in law and grandchildren) more than twice a year. Yessterday, our daughter just dropped by. Things that would seem like a normal occurrence bring a smile to my face. My husband and I have been able to babysit once a week to give our kids a date night. We're only 20 minutes away, if the road is busy. We get together for BBQs or dinners during the weekend, too.

The house needed lots of work. We installed AC, added outdooer and indoor lighting. Painted the entire interior becasue the walls had holes from tvs mounted on walls. (Why does anyone do that?) Just recently, we installed new window coverings and are waiting on the bedroom closet to be installed.  I feel like we were on HGTV! Aside from a front porch that's sinking, to be fixed late August, I love this quirky, old home. 

Soon, I will look for volunteer work. Hopefully, it will be at a local school.  I retired after over 40 years of teaching.  I also want to find and make new friends. I know it all takes time. I feel like I'm on a new adventure.  

Oh, and I did get my library card. Smiley Happy

What part of Jersey?

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome, welcome @RubyinNE to the east coast!  It seemed just like yesterday that we were all looking at wedding dresses on Etsy for your daughter and her move...now you have grandchildren!  Heart

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

How lucky your daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren are to have you nearby! You sound ecstatic!
Respected Contributor

@RubyinNE

Welcome home

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

Lulu,  Thanks!

Super Contributor

Yes, you remember when she met that Jersey boy!  I think that was about 4 years ago.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you, Lilac!

Super Contributor

Lucky, I know we'll be happy here.  I think a lot of the homes are older, so keeping them up is a constant thing.  That's okay!  We're waiting for California Closets to do their installation, and then the final boxes can be unpacked!

I saw a groundhog outside my window today!

Super Contributor

home

Super Contributor

Love the welcome!