Super Contributor

Re: Our move is finally complete

Welcome to NJ.  Our taxes may be high, we may have rough winters, but on the positive side, no more pumping your own gas.  Stay inside your car, in all weather and let someone else pump.  

Respected Contributor

Best of luck to you in your new home.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a wonderful move, @RubyinNE.  You need to change that E to a J 😊

Trusted Contributor

I'm so happy for you. My grandchildren live across the street. We love it. 

Valued Contributor

Although my daughter only lived an hour away it seemed so far to me. Now she is only 10 min. away and I see her and my son in law and grandson so much more now. I am teaching my grandson to play the piano and he loves it. My daughter  has been great. She has been taking me to Drs. appts. and we get a bite to eat afterwards. I have 3 sons but there is nothing like having my daughter close., I love them all.

Honored Contributor

That sounds fantastic, especially with the holidays coming in a few months.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your new home, Ruby!  May you enjoy many years there!

We too are moving soon; not far from where we are right now, but a move is still a move.  What an ordeal!!

Respected Contributor

Dear Ruby, I am thrilled for you! I am also thrilled for the rest of the family, I desperately wanted my grandparents to live close to us! We saw them once a year. I don't know where in NJ you are, but there is so much available there. So, I'm your next door neighbor here in NY. Drop in sometime!🤗

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@RubyinNE wrote:

We did it! We finally moved to New Jersey! I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to see our family (daughter, son in law and grandchildren) more than twice a year. Yessterday, our daughter just dropped by. Things that would seem like a normal occurrence bring a smile to my face. My husband and I have been able to babysit once a week to give our kids a date night. We're only 20 minutes away, if the road is busy. We get together for BBQs or dinners during the weekend, too.

The house needed lots of work. We installed AC, added outdooer and indoor lighting. Painted the entire interior becasue the walls had holes from tvs mounted on walls. (Why does anyone do that?) Just recently, we installed new window coverings and are waiting on the bedroom closet to be installed.  I feel like we were on HGTV! Aside from a front porch that's sinking, to be fixed late August, I love this quirky, old home. 

Soon, I will look for volunteer work. Hopefully, it will be at a local school.  I retired after over 40 years of teaching.  I also want to find and make new friends. I know it all takes time. I feel like I'm on a new adventure.  

Oh, and I did get my library card. Smiley Happy

Welcome, Ruby!!   Did you see me waving to you from the porch?   

Don't forget to stop by a farm stand.  Jersey blueberries, corn and tomatoes are first rate!!

Please keep us updated on what you're exploring/experiencing  for the first time!    I volunteered at my local school for YEARS!!   I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms.

Morris County library services are  fantastic!!

Well, now that the move is completed, there is only more thing that must happen........

I'm sure I speak for all the QVC board Jersey girls.....we  dub you an honorary Jersey girl.  (No, we are not like the RHONJ, thank goodness!!)   Use your power for good!! LOL  I'm sure you'll make us proud!!

If you need any suggestions/help about Morris County, give me a shout out.  I'd be glad to help.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your family,