Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our first EVER newborn fawn

@jannabelle1  please read up about what to feed deer.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

I am madly envious of all of you who have a front-row seat to such beauty and wonder.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

AWWWWW!!!!  How sweet! Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac Of course it was you who made the comment first!  I also thought to myself, what an enormous rabbit that baby deer is laying against (in the first picture).  LOL.  It is funny how our eyes see things differently than they truly are.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick   Thank you for this precious and life-affirming post.  I always consider it a privilege and joyful when animals have chosen our property to birth their babies.  

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely adorable, thank you for the ray of sunshine.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers wrote:

What a beautiful baby!

I've fed deer about 40 years but now there are new regulations so I can't feed them. The does would wean fawns to grain. 
  There are 3 yearlings from last year that think this is their home and munch grass. Neighbors have complained since they plant tender shrubbery. We have acre lots but they dislike the deer.

Enjoy the new baby!

@1Snickers  I too have fed the deer, raccoons, possums, foxes, birds, etc. since I back up to Rock Creek Park and have done so for 50 yrs. The new "residents" who have moved in recently also dislike the wildlife, yet they were dumb enough to move next to a forest that has been home to the wildlife before this community existed.  I have lost more and more of my shrubbery to the deer and their youngsters since the development chased them into the residential area for food, so I use only shrubbery/plants/perennials the deer do not like.  I find it peaceful, refreshing and a privilege to have the wildlife in my presence.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  You have now joined our privileged group who are fortunate enough to experience these beautiful gifts of nature on the daily!  And yes, be still my heart will always be your standard when you see these beauties!  Yesterday, mama with fawn was in back yard, fawn was jumping, running and playing like a little child...so adorable...

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

AWWWWW so sweet!!!  Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Please see my other post (now on page 2) titled "Currently stashed under our truck"

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix