Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our Yard Is No Longer A Skating Rink

@eddyandme  When the show Safari Live was on it had hot air balloons going over the plains. I thought it was beautiful.

No power lines to worry just losing any power and going down in a river with pesky crocs and hippos.

Respected Contributor

Weatherman said we'd get a coating to an inch of snow. Wrong, we got about 5 inches. It stopped about an hour ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   All last week the ice would have an inch or 2 of water on top during the day from melting and then would refreeze at night.

Our driveway goes downhill, not steep, but enough to send you into the road if you slide and can't stop.

No matter how much ice melt we used it was still a slippery mess.

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday was a balmy 55 degrees in the northeast and like others have mentioned we woke up to it snowing this morning.   It was supposed to be an inch or  so and we already  have about 4 inches in RI too!    It has nearly stopped but is suppose to pick up again later this afternoon.  I'm enjoying it and really wish the superbowl was being played in the snow, makes it so much more exciting.   It'll just be a boring 80 something in LA today with everyone sweating together, yuk.   Hope it's a good game.

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Yesterday was a balmy 55 degrees in the northeast and like others have mentioned we woke up to it snowing this morning.   It was supposed to be an inch or  so and we already  have about 4 inches in RI too!    It has nearly stopped but is suppose to pick up again later this afternoon.  I'm enjoying it and really wish the superbowl was being played in the snow, makes it so much more exciting.   It'll just be a boring 80 something in LA today with everyone sweating together, yuk.   Hope it's a good game.

@LindaSal I'm in MA and the same thing here.  It was 63 degrees when I was out yesterday afternoon and all the snow almost all melted except for the snow banks.  They originally said we were just getting a coating today, but it's been snowing all day and we have about 4-5 inches too.  It's so much prettier than all the brown/gray trees and mud we had yesterday.

I'm with you on the SB too.  I love football games in the snow and cold. I'm sure the players aren't crazy about playing in 80 degree weather either.  It supposedly gets really hot in SoFi stadium because of the dome.

Esteemed Contributor

My yard is now a 'skating rink'!

Yesterday was a taste of early spring:  today everythings covered in snow again.  And like everyone else in the New England area we got a few inches of the white stuff instead of a coating.  

My plowman just left a little while ago.  As usual, mine was the only driveway where he had to four-wheel it.  He left me with a warning not to walk down the driveway - iced in again!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know about Saturday but I set out at 8am to pick up groceries at our Wal-Mart Supercenter just a mile up the street.  Beautiful morning, 26°, no wind, blue cloudless sky.  It looked like a mini balloon fiesta with about a dozen hot air balloons hovering in the vicinity, 4 or 5 of them low, directly over Wal-Mart.  I was quite entertained while I waited briefly.

----------------------------

@Kachina624  Have you ever rode in one since they do the festival in your area?   That is one adventure that is not on my bucket list.  I think I would be too scared to even enjoy. 

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut   No, I have "a thing" about heights and want more than a wicker basket between me and Mother Earth.  I love the culture of ballooning and watching them, however.  Here, there are some out every weekend.  Today was especially good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It seems that winter is late this year.  March will probably be cold too.  When you mentioned skating rink it took me back to my childhood when my father would freeze our yard.  We had a 3 story building (home) and next to it our yard which was a full lot so it was a great rink.  I would invite my friends.  Back then it was cold for at least a few months.  I actually miss winter and all the winter sports.

kindness is strength